JOB DESCRIPTION: YOUTH MINISTER (PART TIME)
REPORTING TO: BOARD OF DEACONS
Providence Church is a small, independent Baptist church in northern Fulton County, Georgia. The church has a rich history dating back to the early 1800s. Many of the members’ families have been a part of the congregation over multiple generations and
a tight, family-like atmosphere is always present.
The YOUTH MINISTER is primarily responsible for engaging with and invigorating the youth of Providence Baptist Church to instill a desire to actively serve Christ. The successful candidate will possess a natural rapport with children as well as a strong
grasp of the Gospel. This is a part-time role.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a weekly, high-energy worship/learning activity with the youth of the church on Wednesday nights (ALIVE)
- Lead a monthly outside activity with the youth of the church. These activities will alternate between fun, fellowship-oriented events and community, service-oriented events.
- Manage a budget allocated for youth activities in coordination with the church treasurer
- Manage communication with church youth via social media
- Actively participate in annual Vacation Bible School
- Actively attend/participate in Providence church activities (Sunday School, Sunday morning worship, Revival, etc.)
- Assist with mission activities
- A strong calling from the Holy Spirit to work with, encourage, support, lead, and grow the youth of the church in a Christ-centered manner
- Availability to council youth when needed (ex. Child has a problem at school and wants to discuss on the phone)
- Proven ability to effectively communicate both with youth and parents
- Certificate from home church, vouching for the qualifications and character of the candidate
- Member of a Baptist church
Education and/or Experience:
- A studied familiarity of the Bible and Baptist doctrine
- Formal theological education a plus, but not required
- The Youth Minister role is at the discretion of the church body and the position will formally be renewed every year.