Riverside House is seeking an Deputy Director to oversee operations of the ministry. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Deputy Director participates in the creation of strategy and has overall responsibility for implementation and delivery. The Deputy Director will have both internal and external responsibilities, ranging from client and project management to administration and human capital. The Deputy Director will partner closely with the ED to chart Riverside House future growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for the organization’s services.
Background: Founded in 1972, Riverside House is a non-profit, faith-based organization committed to guiding offenders into becoming productive citizens. Our dedicated, caring, and compassionate team members provide counseling, life skills training, and vocational and spiritual development services to men and women who have chosen crime and fallen prey to it. We assist individuals in breaking free from the cycles of self-abuse, and return them to their families and society to live positive, productive lives.
Our Facility: Since its inception, Riverside House has been located at 968 NW 2nd street in a residential neighborhood in central Miami with easy access to public transportation. Throughout our 40+ years of operation, we have expanded from our original building to our current two-building campus with a capacity to house 100 men and women in house and 100 on home confinement. Our building facilities include administrative offices, group classrooms, training rooms, as well as designated areas for recreation, visitation, dining, laundry, and chapel services.
Project Development, Management, and Client Relations/Management.
- Structure and lead teams to deliver outstanding client work, including business development and framing of key approaches
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Represent Riverside House in industry group conferences, professional associations, and other public venues.
- Develop through leadership around specific topics/emerging practice areas.
- Share in knowledge dissemination, reporting, and communication.
- Partner with ED in essential internal leadership activities, including administration, finance, organizational planning, and facilities management.
- Manage increasing segments of information technology.
- Manage human resources, including recruiting, reviews, staff deployment, workload balancing, career progression, internal communications, mentoring, and coaching.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has had previous experience as a deputy director and/or COO in a nonprofit organization, foundation, faith- based, or government agency.
- Prefer advanced/MBA degree from a leading university.
- Proven track record of delivering superior results within a timeline, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people—junior and senior, for profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle internal and external situations with excellence, humility, tact, and diplomacy.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, imaginative, creative.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a highly effective nonprofit program team and to partner with the CEO and senior management team. Riverside House will offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, health, and 401(k) and vacation benefits.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11
Business DirectorNew Life Fellowship
- Arlington, Texas
- January 9
Background: Founded in 1972, Riverside House is a non-profit, faith-based organization committed to guiding offenders into becoming productive citizens. Our dedicated, caring, and compassionate team members provide counseling, life skills training, and vocational and spiritual development services to men and women who have chosen crime and fallen prey to it. We assist individuals in breaking free from the cycles of self-abuse, and return them to their families and society to live positive, productive lives. Our Facility: Since its inception, More...