Do you have a passion for investing in the lives of middle school and high school students? Do you have a heart for loving and leading others? Do you enjoy collaborating as part of a team? To learn more about working at our church, check out this video
The Associate Director of Student Ministry will walk with, disciple, and love students on their life journey, as well as challenge them to follow Jesus by loving God, loving others, and serving their community/world.
- Relational. Desires to form, develop, and invest in relationships with middle and high school students.
- Communicator. Demonstrates the ability to be articulate, transparent, engaging, and doctrinally sound as a communicator/teacher
- Missional. Desires to create a ministry culture that will engage unchurched youth and serve others.
- Culturally Aware. Recognizes the trends of families and youth in an affluent culture, with an understanding of how to respond in relevant ways.
- Creative. Uses creative thinking to develop and implement innovative programming.
- Serve as part of a team and in cooperation with the Associate Director of Student Ministry and the Next Generation Director to cast vision and lead strategic initiatives for an all-encompassing ministry for middle school and high school students.
- Serve as one of the primary teachers/communicators of curriculum for student ministry.
- Provide spiritual oversight, direction, and appropriate curriculum for middle school ministry, high school ministry, and Confirmation.
- Plan and organize student events, retreats, service opportunities, and mission trips.
- Recruit and place volunteers and mentors and then equip them to serve and disciple students through training opportunities.
- Oversee budget areas related to student ministry.
- Serve as an integral part of the Next Generation Ministry team to smoothly transition youth from one developmental stage to the next while accomplishing the goals of the church as they relate to the ministry at large.
Full time position working a minimum of 40 hours a week. Typical hours include Sunday 8:00am to 12:30pm, Monday & Tuesday 8:00am – 4:30pm, with the additional hours completed through two more full work days during the week and/or regularly scheduled evening
events/programming. Must have flexibility to work longer hours based upon the need of the ministry season.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and answer the following questions in a cover letter:
- What is your previous leadership experience?
- How have you personally invested in the spiritual growth for youth?
Send to email@example.com. To learn more about our organization visit our website at