The Early Childhood Team Lead will assist the Early Childhood Pastor in the oversight of all facets of the Infants-Kindergarten ministry at Crossroads Church. This includes contributing to and embracing the purpose and direction set by the Children’s Pastor and motivating all team members to fulfill that vision. This person provides strong leadership, dynamic and clear communication, next-level creativity, excellent people skills, and the ability to manage a high performing team with grace. He or she must embody the Impact Kids ministry culture by being Christ-centered, fun, innovative, relational, and exemplify first class hospitality.
Impact Kids Ministry Purpose
Partnering with parents to launch the next generation into a lifelong journey with Jesus that impacts the world.
Essential Job Functions
1. Embody Crossroads Christian Church’s mission, vision, values and staff expectations.
2. Provide Passionate Leadership for our Early Childhood Ministry
- Actively contribute to Impact Kids Ministry yearly ministry planning process.
- Regularly recruit, develop, coach and motivate team members towards our purpose, values and ministry excellence.
- Provide visible and active servant leadership in all classrooms.
- Evaluate classrooms on the children’s and team members’ ministry experience and coach to excellence.
- Provide next-level creative ideas to generate momentum and excite kids and parents to return with their friends.
- Provide responsible management of the ministry budget.
3. Develop our Early Childhood Team Members
- Work with our Children’s Pastor and Team Member Director to provide creative solutions for ongoing recruiting needs.
- Ensure that our database accurately reflects all team member data.
- Ensure that all team members are equipped and empowered for successful ministry. This includes consistently communicating the purpose, values, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all team members are part of a strong team led not only for ministry excellence, but also for genuine community.
- Intentionally create periodic team gatherings for the purpose of training, envisioning, and community building.
4. Oversee all Early Childhood Ministry Services and Events under the direction of the Early Childhood Pastor.
- Ensure that our guests (parents, children, team members) have an excellent, positive experience that causes them to look forward to their return and to tell others about us.
- Ensure that all classrooms are staffed for safe and successful ministry. This means that each classroom has teams scheduled to serve at each service and that our ratios (children to team member) are better than minimum levels.
- Ensure that all parent/child/team member concerns, safety and security issues, and equipment & facility problems are dealt with proactively and completely.
- Ensure that all feedback on the experience, both encouraging and constructive, is communicated to all appropriate parties. Actively contribute ideas for continuous improvement to the Children’s Pastor.
- Ensure that all attendance data is recorded and reported on time.
5. Invest in Parent Partnerships
- Champion our children’s spiritual development (Infants-Kindergarten)
- Shepherd team members to meet the spiritual needs of children as needed.
- Offer spiritual guidance to parents and families as needed.
- Perform baptisms, baby dedications, and counseling of those as needed.
- Provide solid theological foundation to questions from both children and adults.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, this person may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Early Childhood Pastor.
Core Competency Requirements
1. Catalytic Leader: Models servant leadership, empowers and positions others for growth
- Initiates and affects meaningful change
- Casts compelling vision, both interpersonally and in group settings
- Generates and accelerates organizational momentum leading to excellent performance
- Delivers results based on metrics
- Identifies, develops and empowers leaders and fosters a culture of leadership development
- Models servant leadership and appropriate collaboration in decision-making
2. Team Builder: Uses group skills and team building strategies to strengthen relationships among team members, improve motivation, communication, support and trust among team members, and inspire the team to maximize its potential and achieve its goals.
- Provides opportunities and activities for team members that are fun, inspiring, and loving to get to know each other and forge meaningful relationships
- Helps team members define and play to each other’s unique strengths, talents and capabilities
- Develops trust among team members and addresses anything that would diminish that trust
- Leads the group in the decision making process and supports and acts in accordance with the final group decision
- Provides clear direction regarding the goal/outcome and motivates others to see that goal/outcome through to completion
- Facilitates conflict and resolves it biblically
- Demonstrates active listening and inspires team members to do the same
3. Recruiter: Connects an individual with meaningful ministry opportunities that enable him/her to use his/her gifts, talents and passions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Crossroads Church DNA and values
- Is aware of the specific serving opportunities that exist within a ministry and can articulate the core competencies and key behaviors of those opportunities
- Engages others in a winsome, inviting and engaging manner
- Listens effectively to determine another’s gifts, skills and passions
- Discerns potential ministry opportunities that fit the individuals gifts, skills and passions
- Presents a compelling vision for a ministry opportunity, clearly articulating the ways in which that opportunity advances God’s kingdom
- Makes a compelling ask to the potential volunteer to join his/her ministry team
- Follows up on the ask and provides information, support and prayer throughout the decision making process
4. Shepherd: Assists team members in spiritual guidance towards becoming more like Jesus
- Builds meaningful relationships with others
- Perceives where others are at and recommends next steps for growth
- Provides devotional leadership, counsel and meaningful spiritual encouragement
- Challenges and confronts individuals in a loving and non-judgmental manner
- Highlights and celebrates individuals’ growth
- Leads others toward increased levels of engagement
5. Interpersonal Effectiveness: An individual who displays interpersonal effectiveness relates well with others and responds appropriately to their needs and feelings.
- Greets others with a warm, inviting and positive attitude
- Demonstrates attentive and active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking clarifying questions and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Considers various points of view before making a decision
- Reads non-verbal cues and body language to interpret others’ feelings and respond to their unspoken concerns
- Recognizes urgent situations and communicates that others’ issues matter through empathetic, intentional and purposed responses
- Shows compassion, composure and sensitivity in difficult situations
- Acknowledges others’ concerns in spite of disagreement and approaches others about sensitive issues in non-threatening ways
- Provides feedback in a positive, friendly manner
- Holds a high regard for confidentiality
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies, ministry, church leadership, or similar, or the equivalent in vocational ministry experience. We seek someone with 2-5 years’ experience in building and leading a staff or volunteer team.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus Pastor - 1767MinisterSearch
- Rockford Area, Illinois
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Campus PastorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Next Steps PastorBeach Church
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- January 19
Crossroads Church is a dynamic church passionate about Christ, His cause, and His community. Crossroads has a rich history in the city of Corona as it has been in existence for over 120 years. The ministry of Crossroads is entrenched in the city of Corona because of the large community events put on by Crossroads as well as its food pantry and adopt- a- block ministries. Its diverse population makes Crossroads a true reflection of its community. Crossroads’ commitment to excellence, creativity, and evangelism is evident in the weekend More...