- Pastor of Family Ministries
Must have a passion for Children, Students & Families. Provide oversight to entire children & youth ministries (250+ children/students weekly) – implementing a coordinated Bible-based program that will be designed to mature them in their faith and creating a seamless transition from preschool through high school ministries.
NOTE: Children's ministry passion & experience required in addition to Youth passion & experience.
Serves on the Leadership Team to support the direction for overall church vision as set by the Lead Pastor. Oversee three part-time ministry coordinators and 70+ volunteers.
Preparation to teach weekly Sunday Morning Elementary Services and Wednesday night Student Services.
- Special Events
Oversight of VBS, Awana programs, Family Events & Student Camps.
- Pastoral Care
Responsibilities include Biblical Counseling for individuals seeking direction and real answers to life situations from the Word of God. This includes counseling for crisis and difficult life issues for students and parents. Hospital Visits for Babies, Children & Students.
- Christ--Centered Life
Must share and practice our core theology (no hardcore Calvinists / Arminianists / Reformists), which is available at: http://calvarychurchfl.com/who-we-are/our-beliefs/
Other Stuff You’ll Have To Learn If You Don’t Know It Yet:
We live by faith and plan by budgets.
- Next Level Planning
We love families and God keeps sending them! Ability to formulate a Growth Action Plan required.
- Personal Growth
A year from now, you need to be better than you are now (read, take a class, learn).
- Calling/Passion for Children, Students and Families. All three, not just one.
- Fully knowledgeable of God’s Word and able to provide Biblical Counsel.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities to oversee large ministry partner teams.
- Proven interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of staff, ministry partners, and church body.
- Requires ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Complex position. Duties require a high degree of originality, initiative and independent action to deal with factors difficult to evaluate or require the making of decisions based on circumstances for which there may be little precedent.
- Ability to balance good business decisions with discernment/leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Educational Background/Degree in Education/Child Development or the equivalent in experience as a previous Family Pastor or Children/Youth Director at a church of similar size and theology.
- Strong organizational & computer skills.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 5 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) What's your view of Eschatology?
(3) Why would your family feel comfortable relocating to South Florida (if applicable)?
(4) And what characteristics/experience makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
(5) What are your salary requirements?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact the church in other ways - your best chance for review is to follow the instructions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Family PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Our mission: we study it; live it & share it with our culture. Our doors are wide open to people from all backgrounds, regardless of where they are on their spiritual journey. Our goal is to help people grow in their relationship with Jesus through the teaching of God's Word. As people walk through our doors they'll find a warm environment, relevant, chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse teaching through the Bible, modern worship and a safe and welcoming Children's Ministry. The Sunday morning atmosphere is relaxed and casual, as we strive More...