DIRECTOR OF TEEN MINISTRY
Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, a vibrant mid-sized ELCA congregation dedicated to
growing disciples by sharing God’s love, seeks a full-time Director of Teen Ministry to support
the vision and mission of teen ministry including 7th – 12th grade. The Director of Teen Ministry
will work closely with the Family Life Pastor and focus on discipling teens, building
relationships, and leading programs while encouraging teens to become a part of the larger
church through modeling the use of their gifts throughout the church. The Director of Teen
Ministry must be well formed in the theology and spirituality of the Christian faith, and be
passionate about sharing his/her faith with others. The Director of Teen Ministry must have a
character that is courteous, efficient, and prudent in all situations. The Director of Teen Ministry
must be a natural leader, with an authentic love for teens. For more information about our
congregation, please visit www.lcrchurch.org
Duties to include:
• Develop relationships with all teens beyond church programs.
• Mentor teens in a strong Christian lifestyle.
• Serve with Family Life Pastor in all teen ministry.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and teen ministry meetings.
• Contribute to the ministry of the whole church as assigned.
• Plan, lead, and implement weekly teen group.
• Perform administrative duties in support of teen ministry.
• Plan and lead teen ministry retreats.
• Participate in worship and congregational events.
• Plan and lead Sunday morning teen gatherings.
• Lead confirmation and Jr High ministry programs.
• Participate in Teen Ministry Team.
• Lutheran theology
• Christian education
• Lead teen programs
• Preach and teach effectively
• Lead small group discussions
• Recruit and lead teams
• Effectively communicate programs and gospel clearly to all ages
• Administer program budget
• Intermediate MS Office skills
• Maintain accurate records, contact information, and schedules
• Maintain confidential relationships
• Demonstrated Christian faith and calling to teen ministry
• 3 years’ experience in leading or assisting teen, youth, or family ministry
• College degree with courses in Christian education/theology
This is a fulltime position with benefits, including medical, dental, and employer retirement
contribution. Salary to commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for two references
to email@example.com with "Teen Ministry" in the subject line.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Lutheran Church of the Resurrection
Resurrection is a congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. Founded in 1963, we are an open and friendly congregation that welcomes everyone to visit and to join our family. We currently have more than 800 baptized members and are one of the largest Lutheran churches in the greater Sacramento area. More...