The Children & Youth Pastor is a member of the Church Staff Team that is entrusted with the development of vision, strategy, and execution of ANCF’s Children and Youth ministries in accordance with the overall vision, mission and values of ANCF. This position
operates both pastorally and administratively.
- This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and is secondarily accountable to the Senior Pastor
- This position is part of the Church Staff Team.
- This position disciples and manages Lead Teachers and volunteers of the Children and Youth ministries
- Have a passion for children of all ages 1) to know Jesus and 2) to grow in having a heart for the nations and the poor.
- Be able to connect with people from diverse ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Have the spiritual gift of leadership and administration.
- Must be a spiritually mature individual who possesses exceptional relational, management and communication skills.
- Be able to raise up and train volunteers and leaders.
- Be committed to the vision, mission, values, and people of ANCF
- Is involved in personal discipleship of parents, children, and volunteers
- Attends staff meetings and retreats, as directed.
- Is at the church for all regular worship services and, as directed, special services.
- Is available to the congregation before and after services as other duties allow.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive or Senior Pastor.
- Recruit and disciple Lead Teachers and Volunteers
- Actively seeks to disciple and/or mentor young leaders
- Form relationships with parents and children of ANCF
- Create separate Sunday School Curriculum that is age specific and incorporates the vision and mission of ANCF to be used in all Sunday School classes
- Develop a new Sunday Worship Service for kids (grades 1-5) that includes children’s worship, mini-teaching, and group discussion/lesson
- Oversee and coordinate children’s ministry at church retreats or VBS