Cityview is looking to hire a full-time (40 hours/week) children’s director with mature character, excellent relational skills, strong communication gifts, and clear vision for how to equip families to steward the next generation in a way that honors God. The Children’s Ministry Director will be required to exercise leadership over all aspects of our ZoeKidz (nursery-four year olds), ZoeZoo (nursery-four year old worship), KidzLife (kindergarten-4th grade), KidzLife Live (children’s worship), and Kingdom Kids (special needs ministry). This person will also be responsible for Extreme Adventure, our pre-teen day camp for 3rd-5th grade children. In addition, the Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for communicating with parents regularly about what is happening in Children’s Ministry. The position will report to the Next Generation Pastor and have the support of a part-time administrative assistant. Because of the scope of this position, the Children’s Ministry Director must be able to give vision, recruit, train, and oversee large teams of lay leaders.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ marked by the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5
- Compatibility with requirements for elders in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Commitment to personal evangelism and living missionally.
- Genuine love for families and a calling to minister to them.
- Walks in humility, and models the character of Christ in his servant leadership.
- Experience in recruiting & equipping ministry leaders (leader of leaders).
- Ability to lead others through casting a compelling vision (visionary leader).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and principles and practices of Cityview.
- Alignment with the Cityview purpose and vision statements.
- Willingness to submit to the leadership of the elders of Cityview.
- Articulate a call into vocational ministry.
Personal Growth (10%)
- Continue to be a learner in ministry. (be teachable)
- Cultivate a passionate prayer life and love for Scripture. (be disciplined)
- Develop a consistency in personal evangelism. (be missional)
Children’s Ministry Leadership (50%)
- Develop a strategy to build multiple, healthy adult volunteer teams in ZoeKids (pre-K), ZoeZooe (nursery-four year old worship), KidzLife (K-5), KidzLife Live (elementary worship), and Kingdom Kids (special needs ministry)- hereafter called CM Leadership Teams.
- Implement a strategy to recruit dynamic CM Leadership Teams.
- Implement a strategy to equip and motivate the CM Leadership Teams.
- Cast a compelling vision to CM Leadership Teams.
- Turn the compelling vision into concrete steps of action for volunteers.
- Personally develop adult leaders who will disciple children.
- Can demonstrate a healthy balance between giving general directives to allow for creativity and providing clear metrics for expectations and goal setting.
- Multiply classes & leaders as the need arises for additional space.
- Oversee our Childcare Coordinator to ensure childcare is provided at necessary venues and events.
Discipleship Planning (10%)
- Develop a discipleship plan for children.
- Choose curriculum and train leaders how to effectively use curriculum to disciple children.
- Implement new strategies and provide resources to better disciple children.
- Develop a strategy to reach unchurched children in our city.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and meet regularly with the Next Generation Pastor.
- Meet with various Children’s Ministry leaders and parents weekly.
- Meet regularly with the Children’s Ministry Administrative Assistant.
Sunday Mornings (20%)
- Ensure that Children’s Ministry leaders and teams are encouraged and equipped for Sunday mornings.
- Provide leadership, encouragement, and oversight to teams on Sunday mornings.
- Help with needs and crises as they arise.
- Improve safety and security plan for children on Sunday mornings.
- Manage current facilities and classroom space for Children’s Ministry and help create and develop Children’s Ministry spaces in our permanent facility.
- Create environments where children feel comfortable inviting friends and where unchurched children feel welcome.
- Work with our Host Team (greeters, check-in team, and security) to ensure that children are safe.
Ministry Win: To build the systems, structures, and leadership teams necessary to reach and disciple children and encourage parents.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Pastor of Early Childhood MinistriesEmmanuel Community Church
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- January 20
Children's DirectorMt. Pleasant Church
- Thomasville, North Carolina
- January 20
Cityview Bible Church
Cityview Bible Church is a dynamic, growing congregation that is committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Planted in 2007, Cityview now has an average weekly attendance of 500 adults and 250 children and students. We are committed to a gospel-centered philosophy of ministry that roots all spiritual growth and development in the grace of God offered in Jesus Christ. We are a church-planting church. We planted churches in 2009, 2011, 2012, and are in the process of planting our fourth More...