No calls please.
Email resume to: sprc4@HudsonFirstUMC.org
Hours: 32–36 hours/week. M-Th, 8:30-5pm (unpaid 30-min lunch) plus evening meetings as needed (typically 1 Thursday evening per month, 5:00-8pm).
Salary: $20/hour - $32,280 plus pension (no medical).
1. Maintain excellent relationships with our Local Bank and the Florida Foundation.
2. Create, maintain, and communicate the overall church and individual work area budgets.
3. Maintain excellent vendor relationships – process all church payments/receipts (AP/AR).
4. Manage all aspects of payroll including tracking employee work, vacation, and sick hours.
5. Conduct timely reconciliations in all accounts and prepare for the annual financial audit.
6. Prepare informative financial reports church leaders can use to make sound ministry decisions.
7. Oversee the financials of our God’s Food Pantry ministry and report to Finance and Council.
8. Oversee the financials of our Redeemed Treasures Thrift Store and report to Finance and Council.
1. Provide support for all aspects of our Church Management Software including regular backups.
2. Create and maintain a reliable system to report on Church Membership and Contributions.
3. Create and maintain a reliable system to report on our Church financial position.
4. Provide for the timely filing of all required local, state, federal, and church reports/forms.
5. Oversee church Risk Management (Child Protection, Driver's List, Accident Reports, etc.)
6. Maintain and secure confidential or mission critical records (SPRC, Incorporation, etc.)
7. Maintain complete and accurate employee records (I-9, W4, annual reviews, etc.)
8. Manage all contracts on behalf of the Church, Trustees, and Office.
Excellent accounting – practices GAAP, understands 501c3 operations – United Methodist preferred.
A demonstrated proficiency with Accounting Software – Shelby experience preferred.
An acquired proficiency after training in Shelby Church Management software.
A demonstrated proficiency with MS-Word and MS-Excel including graphics and some layout design.
A demonstrated proficiency in multi-tasking – managing multiple tasks with an attention to details.
A demonstrated proficiency in church office etiquette – confidentiality and cordiality.
Excellent verbal and written skills – able to understand others and communicate effectively with them.
Excellent project management skills – able to break down and complete complex or lengthy tasks.
A flexibility in thinking that allows solutions to evolve from changing circumstances.
A teachable spirit that allows new information, tasks, and skills to be quickly acquired.
An acquired awareness of United Methodist Church business practices and basic beliefs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree or equivalent accounting/business training (Bachelors degree preferred).
2 to 3 years experience in a business administration (United Methodist Church office preferred).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Care Assistant/Celebration of Life CoordinatorCornerstone Fellowship
- Livermore, California
- October 22
Administrative PastorFolsom Foursquare Church
- Folsom, California
- October 18
Administration/AdministratorThe Jerusalem Center
- Wayne, New Jersey
- October 18
Administrative AssistantChrist Church of Oak Brook
- Oak Brook, Illinois
- October 17
Business AdministratorVintage Church
- Santa Monica, California
- October 17
Hudson First UMC
With a strong history of a rich and varied music ministry including an 80-plus voice choir, brass, string, and woodwind ensembles, Hudson First UMC offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity for the right leader. We are one of the larger worship and music venues in West Pasco country hosting the annual Festival of Choirs. A warm and vibrant personal faith, strong interpersonal skills that are comfortable with all ages are a must. The current worship music genre uses a newer Rogers organ and grand piano along with brass, other ensembles More...