HIGH SCHOOL YOUTH PASTOR
Located in Loudon County, Community Church exists to help people live life better by winning increasing numbers of people to Christ and his church. We summarize this mission as Meet God, Meet Friends, and Live Life Better. These three core initiatives drive
everything we do! This position reports directly to the Student Ministries Director.
Staff & Volunteer Enrichment
• Develop and build leadership capacity of FE High leaders by meeting one on one providing coaching and care. • Interview potential candidates for leadership roles within FE High.
• Ensure FE High teams are staffed, positions are filled and the team is properly trained on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and lead creative arts trainings (worship, AVL, drama, production, etc.). • Lead monthly conference calls/meetings with the FE High leadership team. • Lead a FE High volunteer in ensuring schedules are on a consistent basis.
• Communicate ministry updates to volunteers
• Communicate ministry progress to Director of Student Ministries.
• Set an example for the volunteers professionally and spiritually.
• Meet monthly with ministry division providing/receiving feedback as appropriate.
• Conduct reviews and develop actions plans for FE High volunteers accordingly.
• Listen to feedback from a variety of sources for ministry effectiveness. Project Management
• Oversee and implement FE High weekly services.
• Oversee and implement FE High special events (i.e. United Nights, etc.).
• Develop and deliver biblically accurate sermons targeted toward student’s ages 13-18 years old.
• Meet with students and parents on a regular basis ensuring their concerns, questions and ideas are heard.
• Oversee all FE High connect groups in collaboration with Groups Director.
• Create and implement social media and marketing strategies to parents for FE High events and promotions.
• Oversee the student ministry worship team.
• Oversee and lead Tuesday morning prayer with FE Middle Manager.
• Oversee and monitor student baptisms, statements of faith and check-in cyclically.
• Consult/assist in design of all staging elements.
• Evaluate curriculum and programming and change as needed.
• Develop and manage FE High documents as needed.
• Gather and prepare FE High materials each week.
• Ensure accurate and timely social media and website content related to FE High.
• Ensure FE High data is accurate and updated.
• Answer incoming emails and phone calls with a professional response within 48 hours and coach all business staff to do the same.
Leadership and Strategy
• Understand with complete clarity the mission and direction of the ministry division and communicate it throughout the organization.
• Keep Student Ministry Director informed on all pertinent issues curbing surprised.
• Pray and meet monthly with Student Ministry Director to advance the objectives of the ministry division. • Collaborate on Student Ministries team with other managers.
• Ensure FE High department is in alignment with the overall Strategic Plan.
• Ensure FE High department is growing and developing the spirits and love of God in 6-8 grade students who attend.
• Act as a spiritual and informational resource for parents and students attending the FE High program.
• Monitor the spiritual climate, trends and attitudes within FE High department; encouraging and correcting where needed.
• Manage FE High budget.
• Submit expenses reimbursements for FE High needs including (i.e. supplies).
• Submit requests for upgrades, materials etc. as needed.
• Lives with the tangible help of God by maintaining regular personal time with Him (prays, reads scripture, journals, sings, etc)
• Actively participates on Sundays—sings, prays, gives, takes notes & serves.
• Honors God by giving him the first 10% of their income.
• Regularly attends a connect group.
Work and Life Balance
• Pays attention to physical health—diet, exercise & rest.
• Shares when needing support and prayer for family concerns.
• Regularly enjoys ‘Date Nights’ with spouse.
• Stays involved in kids’ lives. We are in the People Business.
• Treats new comers, guests and volunteers like VIPs.
• Boldly asks people to help, to volunteer—to join the mission.
• Assumes the best about people when there is a ‘performance gap’ while clarifying expectations.
• Gives and welcomes both constructive and growth feedback from colleagues in all situations.
• Insures that all environments are immaculate and impeccably maintained
• Communicates confidence and respect to our people by keeping all behind-the-scene areas immaculate. (closets, cabinets, stairwells, back-stages, sound booths, garages, etc)
• Picks up trash; vacuums, sweeps, mops; puts things away & returns things in a clean & orderly fashion.
Living Outside the "Church" Bubble
• Develops friendships, activities and a life outside the church bubble.
• Helps people on the outside experience and see up-close the goodness of God.
• Constantly talks about & invites people to church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year institution required. In lieu of degree, an additional two years of experience will meet the requirement.
Desired: Educational focus on education, counseling, children’s ministry or related fields.
Required: 3 years of experience directing a student ministry. 3 years of experience using curriculum and production for student ministry. Experience in leading teams of 30 or more volunteers. Proficient experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
and Word). Proficient experience in design software
Desired: Experience managing large rooms of teenage students. Experience successfully managing parent conflicts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position and should not be considered a contract of employment. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.