Summary / Purpose: The position will have direct responsibility to structure, implement, lead, develop and evaluate the total comprehensive program of Christian life development for the 18 – 35 year old – college, career, single and married adults in our
community. It is essential that this person be able to connect with young adults on a social and spiritual level with the intent of coaching them toward Christ-like maturity. This position will also have oversight responsibilities with the Christian Education
Team and its’ overall CE programs for the Youth of the Church.
Organization: This position will report to the Pastor with oversight coming from the Session – specifically the CE and Personnel Teams. The position will be a full-time, exempt, salaried staff position. Hours of work are whatever is required to complete
the responsibilities of the position and may often include evening and weekend activities.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: Specific responsibilities and duties may evolve over time as the overall program is established and implemented but general responsibilities should include:
- Identify, develop and implement solutions to strategic needs for Young Adult Ministries
- Work closely with Young Adults to develop and encourage their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Provide guidance and support based on Biblical principles to Young Adults by making the Scriptures come alive for them. This will include nurturing young families in the Faith.
- Provide leadership for Social Witness by development, implementation and leadership of Young Adult Trips, Retreats, Classes, Mission work opportunities, Outreach opportunities.
- Prepare and Teach weekly Young Adult Gatherings – this may be in the form of Sunday School or other “class type” gatherings.
- Develop, Implement and Lead Social Activities for the group to encourage relationship development among the group
- Provide church- wide and community-wide visibility and communication of Young Adult activities and programs.
- Serve as a resource to the CE Team in development and implementation of Christian Education programs for the Youth of the Church – inclusive of Sunday School, Youth Groups, Mission Work / Trips, Outreach opportunities.
- While not a significant portion of the position, the person will occasionally provide leadership for Sunday morning worship services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrate mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong relationship building mindset.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills including high social networking skills
- Attention to Detail and follow through on assignments and deadlines
- Creative Thinker – ability to develop new – un-tried programs
- Experience in working and relating to unchurched young adults and outreach activities.
- Strong knowledge of the Scriptures and ability to plan and teach lessons bringing the Scriptures to modern life situations
- Bachelor Degree required. Emphasis on ministry or social work is preferred but not required.
- Optimally, be within the age range of the target group