Pastor – Student Ministries and Communication
Summary: Seeking a man, called of God to foster change, motivate and disciple the next generation of students and with the use of technology and media to enhance communication at Georgetown Bible Church.
- Demonstrates a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Demonstrates a personal spiritual life that is parallel with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- Called to be a Shepherd of the flock and demonstrates servant-leadership
- Demonstrates to be a self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for student ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents and staff.
- Demonstrates to be an engaging teacher that demonstrates passion and conviction that is biblical and can abide by the theological separation that is clearly defined in our Doctrinal Statement.
- Create and execute a long-term vision for the student ministry in accordance with vision at GBC.
- Administrate and Lead an effective Middle School and High School Youth Program. Implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism outreach, mission outreach and ministry within the church body.
- Oversee programs for K-6 grades.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis
- Maintain contact with students and parents; strive to communicate with all regarding upcoming events and strategies.
- Support parents as necessary, and in accordance with Scripture
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to complement the body of Christ.
- Participation as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church body. i.e hospital calls, emergency situations, weekend on-calls.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of Technology, Networking, Audio/Video and Media in the church ministries. i.e. sound room, worship services
- Other duties may be required
- Attend worship services
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the Administrative Elder board
- Participate in a yearly job performance review
- Present and Maintain a yearly youth budget
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading and attending youth leadership conferences
- Preach and teach on occasion in the absence of the Lead Pastor.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2 years of experience in Youth Ministry is preferred
- Maintains a 45-hour workweek (flexible office hours) – 40 hours plus 5 hours of volunteer time in other areas that God has gifted him.
- Communicates clearly at every level – Staff, Council, Church, Parents, Students; etc.
- Resolves disputes and conflict as outlined in God’s Word. Seeks help from staff as needed.
- Musical background/ability is preferred
- Advanced computer/networking abilities is preferred