Spiritual Gifts: leadership, administration, teaching, shepherding
Skills needed: experience teaching and working with children, knowledge of how children learn, excellent communication and people skills, proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher)
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Oversee Kids Life preschool department (Birth – Pre Kindergarten)
• Volunteer enlistment and training
• Marketing of and articulating the vision of preschool ministry
• Making sure all classrooms are staffed for each service on the Early Childhood hallway; assist Preschool hallway director with staffing as needed.
• Development of new classrooms as needed.
• Equipment and space needs.
• Selecting and ordering curriculum and supplies.
• Providing lesson plans and materials needed to carry out those plans.
• Creating crafts and activities as needed.
• Budget and record keeping.
Minister to children and their families:
• Be available as needed to answer questions and concerns of preschool parents regarding issues such as; child’s behavior, classroom situations.
• Work with Children’s Director to provide periodic spiritual education classes.
• Contact visiting families as needed.
• Provide care for children and their families as needed.
Kids Life Staff:
• Attend twice monthly meetings.
• Work with the staff to plan, prepare and carry out special events for volunteers, families and children.
• Oversee and carry out responsibilities pertaining to special celebrations within the individual ministry. Such as, Parent Child Dedication, ministry to new parents, church-wide events.
Outreach Activities and classes:
• Give assistance as needed in planning and carrying out different outreach events throughout the year.
• Faith at Home events.
Other duties as may be assigned.
30 hrs/week, salaried position, working with and reporting to the Children’s Ministry Director.
• Baptized believer and a member of FCC.
• Love of children and a desire to see them know and understand the love of Jesus.
• A clear call and desire to minister to families and understanding the important role they play in our church.
• Early Education and/or Elementary Education degree.
Send resume to Cathy Noell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit resume with 3 professional references.