Grace Chapel is one church worshipping on four campuses, with vision for more campuses in the future. Our unity of preaching and mission across campuses is accomplished via sermon video simulcast. The Director of Media Technology Ministry plays a key leadership
role and is responsible for the implementation, leadership and delivery of creative and technically excellent media technology services to our campuses, staff and congregation.
The Director will be a professional and passionate believer with advanced skills and experience in audio, video, lighting, and broadcast who is able to build and lead a thriving staff and volunteer media ministry at this growing church in Greater Boston.
Candidate Attributes: In order to be effective in this role, the successful candidate will be a growing Christ-follower who possesses many of the following core attributes:
- A high commitment to the local church with passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched in New England.
- A high-level of expertise and creativity in sound reinforcement, lighting, video display, video production, and broadcast technology in a multi-campus setting.
- A team builder and team player who thrives in a fast moving, highly collaborative environment.
- A continuous learner excited about researching and implementing new technologies and best practices.
- An ability and desire to teach others to do what you do and know what you know.
- A passion for expressing biblical truth in innovative ways.
- Media technology leadership experience in a church of 1,500 or more.
Key Working Relationships: The Director of Media Technology Ministry:
- Reports to the Director of Campus Operations and is a strong collaborator with the Worship & Arts ministry team.
- Works directly with the Pastors and leaders of each ministry to understand and support their specific needs for media technology.
- Is supported by two full-time media technology staff members.
- Recruits, inspires, leads and develops gifted and committed volunteer members of the media technology team.
Key Ministry Duties: Ministry responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit, inspire, lead, develop and care for the volunteers serving in the Media Technology ministry (audio engineers, camera operators, lighting board operators, Media projection operators, video control booth directors).
- Collaborate with Information Technology department to ensure successful media transmissions utilizing church’s broadband network.
- Take overall responsibility (utilizing the support of the media tech staff members) for managing and maintaining all of the media technology equipment on all campuses; e.g., classroom/conference room technology, travel equipment, etc.
- Collaborate with worship arts staff and other ministry areas of church to support their media technology needs; e.g., media content for the web, media content for sermons, project management, budgeting, inventory, support for large events, etc.
- Actively participate in staff-life and ministry meetings, including worship planning and creative team meetings.
- Successfully execute the mission and vision of the church, working collaboratively with various visual, video and creative staff to ensure strong technology support week-to-week and over high visitation periods during the Christmas & Easter (Lenten)
Submission Process: If, after prayerful consideration, you would like to be considered for this position, then we would invite you to join in the application process. We have intentionally kept the requested submission brief to allow well-qualified
people to participate easily. Please submit:
- Your up-to-date resume, along with a
- Cover letter including:
- A brief description of your journey to faith, and
- A statement describing the reason for your interest in this particular position and a description of how your skills, knowledge, and experience make you a good fit for this position. If you have church/ministry experience, please include the size of your
church, the size of your ministry, and, if applicable, the number of staff you supervise.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted in electronic format (only) to:
email@example.com. You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your submission. No telephone calls please.