Pastor of Ownership, Baptism & Assimilation
Membership – 10-15 hours per week
Big Picture tasks- 10-15 hours per week
- Oversee the membership culture at Sagebrush Community Church assuring that people are connecting into our community.
Week to week tasks-
- Prepare and keep yearly calendar for all membership classes.
- Assure follow up from weekend contacts for joining the church.
- Teach “NEXT” once a month.
- This includes setting up the class with snacks, computers, forms, waters and everything else.
- Follow up after the class with an email to the class.
- Submit total decisions to Todd and Scott for review and prepare yearly reports on membership.
- Champion “NEXT” and Baptism on ALL campuses. Point person to make sure each campus follow the protocol set at Riverside
- Plan the “NEXT’ Seminar 4 times a year.
- Organize food and coordination with all campuses.
- Organize baptism based off of number signed up.
- Setup up signage and all the computers to make sure everything is ready for the class.
- Weekly process all those who have attended the class and put totals into the Google drive.
- Process Next Steps forms to total out how many people attended Next Steps for the month and sign all documents related to membership from the Riverside Campus.
- Prepare monthly reports for how many people completed the membership class and how many people are still in process.
- Prepare lobby slides each weekend to make sure people know the class schedule for room 110 and 104.
- Meet with leaders who help to schedule teachers for Next class.
- Maintain the supplies for membership along with Diane. Order more portfolios, DVDs, CDs, bibles when needed.
- On weekends when ownership classes are taking place assure that Todd or whoever is doing the communication card knows to announce the classes.
- Periodically offer training classes for new “NEXT” facilitators.
- Assure all resources are ready.
- Make sure that all emails are sent to those who have missed “NEXT” and those we were unable to connect with about ownership to assure that people continue to take next steps.
- Follow up with each person who attends a class/seminar to make sure they have completed their next step and are serving or in a small group.
Baptism - 20-25 hours per week
Big Picture tasks-
- Help connect people into the next step of getting baptized.
- Assure that everyone that gets baptized at Sagebrush knows exactly what he or she is doing when they get baptized and that they have a positive experience.
Week to week tasks-
- Follow up with those who are interested in taking the next step of getting baptized in Fellowship 1.
- Meet personally with each individual who is wanting to get baptized or send them to a ‘NEXT” class.
- Coordinate baptism team to staff check in and hospitality for those getting baptized.
- Prepare and maintain baptism calendar so facilities and people in ownership process know when baptisms are taking place. (Weekly now)
- On the weekend of baptism make sure that the table and tablecloth for baptism is set up in the lobby next to room 110. Also make sure reserved signs are set out (These also need to be put back after the weekend).
- Plan and coordinate the baptism events at Sagebrush. Put a team together, promote the event and make sure Todd is in the loop to baptize. The day of make sure that all setup is done and we are ready to receive our guests. This includes putting out all the tables for check in. Clearing out rooms and walkways as well.
- Teach the baptism orientation at all baptism services.
- When people have questions about getting baptized set a personal meeting to talk through their concerns.
- Make sure that all emails are sent to those who have missed baptism, need baptism, and those we were unable to connect with about baptism to assure that people continue to take next steps.
- Weekly make phone calls, send text and an email to remind them about their upcoming baptism.
Pastoral Care – 10-15 hours per week
- Be the point of contact for all Pastoral care on the weekend at the Riverside Campus. Carry the phone on the weekend and take care of any immediate needs.
- Follow up with overflow from Scott Jimmerson of #1 on contact form.
- Take care of weekend funerals – 1-2 a month
Benefits for full time employees include group health, dental and vision group plans, church paid life and disability insurance, annual sick and vacation, and 403(b) plan. You will receive on-the-job training, ongoing personal development and tools to get ministry done well. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com as this will be the only way we receive resumes for this opportunity.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorFountain City Wesleyan Church
- Richmond, Indiana
- December 1
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Campus PastorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- November 30
Pastor of Outreach and AssimilationHobart Assembly of God
- Hobart, Indiana
- November 29