Position Description: Technical Director
Believers Church, Chesapeake, VA
Reports to: Samuel Hager, Worship Arts Pastor
- Oversee production teams and systems that execute:
- Adults worship services
- Believers Kids services
- 4Real Student services
- Online experiences
- All special events
- Worship Planning Team (WPT) member
- Creative, logistics and technical planning of all service elements
- Execute the mission of Believers (making Jesus #1, one person at a time) through the implementation of new and upcoming technology
- Recruit, train, lead and mentor technical staff, interns and volunteer teams
- Oversee purchases, maintenance, and operation of all audio/video/lighting/media production equipment
- Troubleshoot issues and support volunteers at all rehearsals and events
- Capture live events and programs on video
- Edit, export and upload all weekly messages to web and social media outlets
As a team member with Believers Church Staff, the Technical Director is expected to:
- Add value to every task assigned, meeting attended and request made.
- Assist other staff in tasks/ministries as able and/or assigned.
- Be early/on time to the office, all meetings, Sunday services and other scheduled activities – as well as stay for the duration of the event.
- Be fully committed to personal, professional and spiritual growth
- Be organized, efficient, committed to time maximization and the ability to manage responsibilities.
- Complete assigned tasks by deadline.
- Do what is best for the mission of Believers Church, at all times.
- Have a familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model and an understanding of church systems.
- Have a history of generosity and a strong belief that stewardship equals discipleship.
- Have a positive, worshipful, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Have the ability to lead multiple volunteer teams.
- Lead a BeGroup at Believers at least 2 of every 3 semesters.
- Love Sundays, work a full day Sunday and always do what’s best for the Sunday service.
- Pray daily for direct reports and volunteer team members
- Set department specific goals that are easily measured on a weekly basis.
- Work while at work (be focused, not working on personal tasks, etc.).
- Strong technical background
- Strong people and management skills
- Trustworthiness and confidentiality
- Communications – written and verbal
- Ability to quickly learn internal database software and other applications
- Positive Attitude
- Regular office hours (all Sunday services, set up/tear down and Monday through Thursday, 8:30 – 5:00)
- Occasional event/conference/special meeting as assigned
Believers Church, a rapidly growing contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA (near VA Beach, VA) with a weekly attendance of 1,400+, is looking for a Technical Director.
The right person will have a strong commitment to and history of involvement in the local church. They will also hold a solid technical background allowing knowledgeable oversight to all technical aspects of a growing church (including but not limited to video production, sound, lighting, multimedia). An eligible candidate must display strong interpersonal skills, be a growing leader, have the ability to get along with anyone, and have experience working with and leading teams of volunteers.
Only resumes accompanied with a cover letter will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer these 4 questions:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- What experience do you have in the technical field?
- What experience do you have working/volunteering in a local church?
- What do you believe makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Worship & Creative Arts DirectorRadiant Church
- Ludington, Michigan
- January 13
Audio/Visual TechnicianSecond Presbyterian Church
- Bloomington, Illinois
- January 13
Audio Director: FOH EngineerSlingshot Group
- Irvine, California
- January 11
Worship LeaderGenerations Christian Church
- Trinity, Florida
- January 11
Believers is a growing, contemporary, non-denominational church located in Chesapeake, VA. We are in the midst of a relocation effort that will move us approximately 6 miles from our current location to give us ideal ministry space to expand our reach into our community.More...