First MB is a thriving church pushing the 1000 mark. We have 3 services (one traditional and two contemporary services), in a great location. We are passionate for reaching those who have yet to cross the line of faith and strengthening the faith of those
who already have. Our team is unified and excited for where God is leading us.
This individual is responsible for visioning, planning, and implementing the comprehensive ministry for children (ages birth through 6th grade). He/she will work in concert with the Lead Staff and be available for “pitching in with the team” as needed
for greater impact of the entire church.
• Strategize and implement a plan that engages and connects kids to our vision and values.
• Equip/Lead the KMT (Kid’s Ministry Team) in this vision and implementation.
• Develop and maintain a resource center for volunteer teachers, parents, and staff, as well as overseeing the curriculum research and decisions.
• Create training opportunities for parents to disciple children in the home, encouraging parents to mentor their children on their spiritual journey.
• Help to facilitate and/or participate in care giving, counseling and referral.
• Develop and implement communication processes to kids and parents.
• Recruit, equip, evaluate volunteer teams.
• Solid Visionary Leadership:
Have a demonstrated track record of successful equipping of leaders. Be a visionary who grasps where we must go, and a strategizer/leader able to transform a vision into reality while being a team player, “bringing others along”.
• Missional: A balanced commitment to both evangelism AND discipleship, as we coin it, “evangelipleship”. According to Jesus they are the inseparable.
• People Person: Have strong relational skills, with all age levels of ministry area with an ability to draw kids and parents as well as a being a magnet for potential leaders. Have a love of children, teaching, and leading.
Having a “kid’s first” mentality. Carry the ability to raise up and develop teams to “give away” effective ministry.
• Systems Developer: Have the ability and clear understanding to be both a people and systems developer. Multi-tasking is a must.
• Recruit, hire, and evaluate paid nursery staff and summer interns.
• Supervise Administrative Assistant, Event Coordinator and Preschool Director.
We expect all staff to commit to the following “Leadership DNA”:
• Character counts. The most important thing in leadership is personal integrity.
• Be spiritually strong. In order for leaders to withstand the temptations and trials of life, there must be a daily commitment to prayer, personal Bible reading, and accountability to other
• Always start with a “yes”. Organizations move ahead most freely when people have a positive attitude and extend, as much as possible, a “yes” posture to requests and new strategic ideas
for ministry that line up within our mission and anchor points.
• Be nice. People usually want to follow humble, gracious, and encouraging leaders. So be that kind of leader.
• A commitment to evangelism and discipleship. Leaders must model and teach a balanced commitment to both evangelism and discipleship. For evangelism, leaders must model the 3 steps of 1)
prayer for the lost, 2) cultivation of relationships, and 3) a verbal witness.
• A commitment to excellence. While God uses us even in our weakness, the Gospel demands we give our very best and seek excellence in every area of our ministry.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org