We are looking for a motivated Worship and Media professional who will lead our music ministries.
Thank you for your interest in us.
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountain foothills, Lenoir is a small town northwest of Charlotte that offers community life Google found so desirable that it located a data center here. This congregation focuses on worship, not worry and faith, not fear. Jesus
Christ is Lord and we are to be His disciples. We are theologically orthodox, speaking the truth in love, but we seek to be culturally relevant! First Pres is growing younger and deeper. To learn more about us, go to www.fpclenoir.org.
If you have a humble spirit and are seeking to glorify God, we want you to help take us to the next level in our worship arts and media ministry. You would join a team of about 50 musicians and media volunteers involved in traditional and contemporary worship
ministry. Our culture could be described as one that stresses personable communication skills, a strong work ethic, self-motivating in an open environment, seeking to grow not maintain, collaborative, and energetic.
We expect the person filling this ministry role to:
- Serve as a primary worship leader for the church.
- Establish and embody a Christ-focused culture of excellence.
- Plan and coordinate song sets, creative elements, and service flow tuned to the Scripture focus.
- Manage and lead weekly rehearsals and other preparation for Sunday mornings.
- Oversee the scheduling of musicians and media techs and provide feedback
- Build and expand the musical and media teams.
- Train and teach team members, providing biblical spiritual development.
- Maintain the health and spirit of the worship team with regular personal connection and encouragement.
- Participate in strategic thematic planning for worship, preaching and teaching.
- Oversee all media: websites, videos used in worship, podcasts, and printed material.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and plan for future equipment needs.
- Act as a catalyst for creativity inspired by study of worship both ancient and modern.
- Able to competently lead worship on guitar and/or keyboard/piano, and sing well.
- Familiar with and comfortable in using various styles of worship and music.
- Tech-savvy; graphic design, video editing, video announcements, sound equipment, etc.
- Able to play a pipe organ, though we currently have an organist
- Bachelors degree preferred (higher degree appreciated but not necessary)
Personal Traits Desired
- In love with Christ and committed to daily devotion to the Lord, including full participation in the life of First Pres.
- Integrity of character and willingness to stand tall with sensitivity
- A servant’s heart that understands duty and respect
- An encourager who strengthens community through confidence building
- Effective and efficient in written and verbal communication
- Willing and able to confront in order to avoid needless conflict
- Understands that “with God, all things are possible,” and has a heart for the lost.
Salary and benefits are negotiable and depend on experience, education, etc.
To apply for this position, submit a resume, cover letter and other requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your brief cover letter should explain why you are interested in our congregation and position, a brief summary of your approach to worship, and links to or media showing you in worship, including a solo video that you can produce if it does not already
exist. Also list examples of graphic or media work you have done [you can ask email@example.com to join your DropBox folder]. Please visit our website and read our purpose, mission, core values, and theology to be certain that you agree with what we believe
are the essentials of faith in Jesus Christ, as well as the values of life together.