Bethany Baptist Church is a 150-person congregation strategically located in Village of Harwood Heights, IL, a culturally diverse area in the near northwest suburbs of Chicago. Moments away from I-90 (Kennedy Expressway), it is only a twenty-minute trip to downtown Chicago and a quick 10 minutes to O'Hare International Airport. Public transportation maintains routes along the main streets within the Village making getting around the Chicago area quick and easy. Award winning schools, shopping, entertainment, and recreational facilities are plentiful here too. Often mistaken for Chicago, the Village is not quite 1 square mile in size. It has combined an independent status with the convenience of a large metropolitan city. There are 49,000 people within a 1 mile radius of the church campus.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Pastor who is a compassionate servant leader, with a vision for, and experience in, reaching people far from God in a culturally diverse urban/suburban Midwest setting. He will be a missionally minded strategic leader with strong communication skills and the ability to motivate others to chase God and have kingdom impact.
- Leadership and Vision
- A strategic, motivational, and operational leader
- A persuasive coach and team builder
- A missional mindset, a lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others for effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- An energetic, proactive, self-starter who can create momentum
- One who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, volunteer staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
- Proven ability to overcome challenges to achieve goals
- Preach and Teach
- Preaching for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s felt needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language
- The style should be informal, inspirational, positive, and encouraging, with both practical application and personal challenge
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent spiritual growth
- Personal Qualities
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong grace orientation and proven character of integrity, discernment, humility, compassion, authenticity, and accountability.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Professional Qualities
- Minimum of 5 years as a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or Youth Pastor experience in an urban/suburban ethnically diverse church
- Master’s degree (MDiv preferred)
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and be willing to affiliate with Converge MidAmerica and Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words BETHANY HH SEARCH as the subject line. DO NOT APPLY VIA CHURCH STAFFING WEBSITE.
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Senior PastorCentral Baptist Church Deer Park, TX
- Deer Park, Texas
- October 13
Senior PastorFirst Baptist San Antonio
- San Antonio, Texas
- October 13
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...