I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating original graphic designs for print, web, and other technological applications. This will also include, but not be limited to, assistance with set design, pre and post production of physical assets designed
by Creative Services, setup and tear down for services provided by Creative Services.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Create original and derivative artwork for a variety of media – print, web, video, etc.
- Meet with clients to discuss design and promotional needs
- Work with other members of the Creative Services team on pre and post production tasks, including but not limited to assisting in the print shop, setting up and tearing down for photo shoots, set design, displays, etc.
- To perform other duties as needed
III. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A current and active member of FBA or willing to become a member of FBA within the first three months of employment is highly preferred.
- High School Diploma required, Associate/Bachelor’s degree is a plus but not required.
- 2-5 years industry experience a plus
- Must demonstrate proficiency on an Apple Mac computer running the latest OS (Currently OS 10 Yosemite)A demonstrated proficiency working with the Adobe CC Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop CC, InDesign CC and Illustrator CC.
- Experience with the following programs is a plus: Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Premiere CC, Apple Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook
- Photography skills with a DSLR camera a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- High level of interpersonal skills associated with an extraordinary customer service commitment to responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the department and the Church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organized, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data with the ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to learn on your own and the ability to learn from others
- Ability to meet with clients, accurately assess their creative needs, and suggest a design solution/direction.
- Anility to be directed creatively to achieve Director’s vision and creative standards
- Video editing capabilities a plus
- The ability to be self-managed and work well on your own.
IV. PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb; balance;
stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability
to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.