Executive Assistant to Pastors (EAP) Position Description [NEW POSITION]
Classification: .75 to full time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Department: Ministry Staff
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Start Date: As early as October 1
Ministry Description: The role of Executive Assistant to Pastors is to serve as the gate-keeper and lead assistant to four staff pastor (hereafter called the Pastoral Team): the Lead Pastor, Pastor of Care and Community Outreach, the Family
Equippng Pastor, and the Youth Pastor. The EAP enhances the effectiveness of our pastoral team by providing information management and ministry support, and as assigned, acting as a representative of those pastors to others.
One Sentence Job Description:
To provide excellent air traffic control and front line professional administrative support for our Pastoral team.
To accomplish these duties, the EAP must be diplomatic, mature, organized, trustworthy, and excellent in setting boundaries. Skill in scheduling, travel logistics, writing, verbal communication, and time management are a must. The EAP must be strong in
the Microsoft Office suite of software. Experience in database management and I.T.-related duties are a plus.
- Maintains the appointment schedules of the pastoral team by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Serves as the gate-keeper for each member of the pastoral team, welcoming attendees and guests, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Represents the pastoral team by attending meetings in the name of the member of pastoral team, and speaking for that member in his absence.
- Communicates on the behalf of members of the pastoral team with individuals and groups through an array of communication mediums.
- Conserves pastoral team member’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Tracks vacation and personal time for the pastoral team.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics specific to the ministries of the pastoral team.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; ensuring that meeting discussions are recorded.
- Assigns and oversees work to subordinates, both staff and volunteer, as delegated by members of the pastoral team.
- Assists pastoral team with required reports such as expenses, ministry updates, and annual reports by collecting, analyzing, and compiling information.
- Builds credibility of the pastoral team with timely and professional follow-up and follow through with members of the staff, congregation, and community.
- Maintains necessary files in digital and hard-copy format for specific to the pastoral team, keeping that information confidential.
- Maintains inventory of ministry materials for our pastoral team.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Hours & Logistics:
EAP is expected to maintain working hours consistent with gate-keeping function for our Pastoral Staff. A private office space is provided. Because of the representative functions of this position, it is understood that some of the duties of this position
will need to be accomplished off-site or occasionally during hours outside of normal office schedule. Note that this position may occasionally require the individual to work on a Sunday morning.