The mission of FBC is to transform lives through Christ. We are a Bible- teaching, Christ-centered, family-oriented church. We strive to meet the needs of our church family as well as reach out to our community and world missions.
Important ministries designed for family ministry within the church include 412 Sycamore and AWANA. 412 Sycamore is our children’s program during the church service, and it emphasizes parent/child interaction throughout the week. Each Wednesday evening,
AWANA provides an opportunity to memorize scripture and present the gospel to children in our church and larger community.
We recognize the importance of loving families beyond our church walls, and one of our community priorities is our Pilot Mission program in which the church provides school supplies for students from several local school districts. Each child receives
a backpack loaded with the supplies for their specific grade level along with a gospel tract and letter from the church. Another important community outreach is Children Choosing Christ. This ministry occurs at the county fair for two days and presents the
gospel in stations run by church volunteers. Aside from these annual programs, we continually reach out to the community by making church services available through several electronic means.
Operation Christmas Child represents our heart for the global community as well the local community. The church collects items for shoeboxes throughout the year and we also serve as a local collection center for the ministry. Along with this global
outreach we support seven missionary families, with two serving locally and five overseas.
Sunday services are organized in a way to best fulfill God’s greatest commandment to love one another in order to provide balance between outreach and spiritual development. We are blessed with a talented praise team that leads us into fellowship and
time spent in God’s word. Meet-and-greet moments feature an abundance of laughter as our church family extends love to one another. Our church family is fortunate to participate in dynamic programs throughout the week to deepen relationships including Bible
studies and an active youth program led by our youth pastor/worship director.
We are searching for a lead pastor to guide and direct our church family, equip us spiritually, and encourage and love us with a shepherding heart. His beliefs must align with those explicitly stated in our constitution. He must demonstrate enthusiasm
and energy, and we believe God will have gifted him to use those talents to motivate others to ministry. His passionate, personal relationship with Christ should be boldly displayed in his daily life and supported through prayer and devotions.
• Meets Biblical standards as laid out in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
• Must adhere to our beliefs as stated in our constitution (Amos 3:3)
• Heart for prayer (1Thesalonians 5:16-18 and James 5:16-18)
• Gifted preacher/communicator/prophet of truth (2Timothy 3:16, 2Peter 1:20-21 and Romans 10:14)
• Shows humility and a loving spirit (1Peter 5:5-6 and Colossians 3:12-14)
• Lives life of Godly boldness (Acts 4:29 and 2Timothy 1:7) • Visionary leader to initiate and to implement new strategies for the church, i.e. mentoring/discipleship (Romans 8:14)
• Demonstrates love, enthusiasm and energy to motivate people to be involved in ministry (2Timothy 2:2 and 1Thesalonians 2:7-12)
• Must fit with the culture and dynamics of the church (family ministry model) (1 Timothy 5:1-2 and Deuteronomy 6:4-9)
• Able to work well with FBC leadership teams (Philippians 2:1 & 2)
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to email@example.com or FBC Search Team 1399 S. Jefferson St. Defiance, Ohio 43512