Reports to: Lead Pastor
Summary of Position
The Associate Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the ongoing gospel investment in preschool, children’s, youth, and college ministries in harmony with the doctrine, purpose, and vision of the church. He will administrate the discipleship systems from
birth to college and to their parents. Salary compensation is in the $40,000 range, plus full 100% family medical coverage, plus 8% retirement contribution, plus medical, education/conference, and ministry reimbursement accounts.
• Serve as an example of godliness, humility, and disciple-making.
• Develop and sustain ministry for birth-College that emphasizes the biblical priority of:
- Parents (Caregivers)
- Cross-generational evangelism/discipleship
- Healthy peer relationships
• Consistent with Ephesians 4:11-16, build, train, encourage, and invest in church members who serve birth-College and their families through exceptional volunteer ministry teams.
• Effectively build and develop leadership teams within each ministry setting.
• Direct and ensure that the weekly ministries to these groups are biblically faithful and done with excellence:
1) Preschool, Children’s, and Youth Connect Groups (working in conjunction with the Associate Pastor of Education & Administration).
2) Preschool and Children’s Worship
3) Worship Care in Nursery
4) Wednesday night ministries
• Administrate summer camps:
1) Children’s Camp (Grades 2-5)
2) Student Camp (Grades 6-12)
• Help organize and implement Vacation Bible School (Ages 4-Grade 8).
• Work alongside the pastoral team to implement the vision of the church.
Key Personal Qualities
• Meet the biblical qualifications of a Pastor/Elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9).
• Affirms the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message (http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp)
• Can effectively share the Gospel and model it.
• Can effectively teach the Bible with cultural relevance.
• Must be gifted organizationally and administratively.
• Must be motivated, energetic, and willing to learn, yet mature enough to lead.
• Must be willing to get involved in the life of (1) children, (2) teenagers, (3) college students, and (4) parents to cultivate meaningful gospel relationships.
• Can encourage and love people with a servant’s heart.
• Prefer the candidate to have a seminary degree, but at least a Bible college undergraduate degree.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
1) have proven experience in these areas;
2) have completed a seminary level degree;
3) have a family themselves.
PLEASE NOTE: This position will require someone who is HIGHLY ORGANIZED, gifted or experienced in BUILDING TEAMS, and someone who is HIGHLY RELATIONAL. All applicants must be prepared to provide and/or demonstrate their effectiveness in these areas.