First Baptist Jackson is a regional church with a membership residing throughout the greater Jackson community. The church is strategically located in Downtown Jackson across from the State Capitol at the intersection of two major interstates. While members within the church primarily live in Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties, the ministry extends throughout the state, nation and around the world. The mission statement, “Connecting People, Transforming Lives into passionate followers of Jesus Christ,” is implemented through Bible study, Sunday School, Worship, Missions and Service.
The Student Pastor at First Baptist Jackson must love God’s Word and be committed to leading students in their personal spiritual growth and life-transformation. The student program is designed to minister to teens in grades 7-12 attending eighteen or more public and independent schools in the Greater Jackson Area. The Student Pastor must “bridge the gap” often created when students attend different schools and live in different areas of the community. The effective Student Pastor must bring energy, enthusiasm and creativity in the development of Bible study, worship and programs to support the vision and values of the church within the context of the student ministry. The Student Pastor is expected to teach, equip, and grow students through effective communication of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to expand First Baptist Jackson’s Biblical community among the youth. He or she must be spiritually mature, able to think strategically about evangelistic growth of the Student Ministry, and be committed to support a part time ministry assistant, two interns and volunteers within the student ministry.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Endorse and support the ministries of First Baptist Jackson.
- Attend adult worship services.
- Be a contributing member of the church’s ministry team.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for students enrolled in grades 7-12 from approximately eighteen schools in small group Bible study on Sunday mornings, Mid-week Bible study, summer programming, special events, etc.
- Create engaging, age-appropriate Biblical messages
- Create relevant environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning, God-honoring relationships, and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Establish caring relationships with all teens and their parents.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new students and families.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide the tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Effectively communicate to a variety of audiences, which can consist of Senior Staff, Ministerial Staff, volunteers, parents and students.
- Plan and coordinate major Student Ministry events throughout the year.
- Provide care for students and families within the church including hospital visits and follow-up.
- Challenge students to discover their spiritual gifts, engage in service, connect with other believers and honor God by living Christ-centered lives.
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tremendous love and passion for students and ministering the gospel to this age group.
- Have a deep and growing personal faith in Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, healthy family life.
- Be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Exemplify honor, faithfulness, unity and Christ-like behavior
- Be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Create a compelling environment that makes students want to come back each week and bring their friends.
- Grow the Student Ministry spiritually and numerically.
- Support the Senior Pastor, Executive Pastor and Minister of Education in the overall administration and needs of First Baptist Jackson.
- Believe in and practice tithing.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community.
The First Baptist Jackson Personnel Committee places a high value on loyalty, organization, professionalism, respect, and commitment. The chosen candidate must be passionate about serving students.
Although education and prior experience will be a factor, a heart for God and for ministering to students will have an even higher priority. Additionally, we will give priority to candidates who want to pursue a long future in student ministry and who are interested in planting roots in Jackson, Mississippi.
Salary & benefits negotiable commensurate with experience, education and other qualifications.
Please provide resume, references, and video/link of speaking at an event or service to Bob Gladney, Executive Pastor by email at email@example.com or mail to First Baptist Jackson P.O. Box 250 Jackson, MS 39205.
You can learn more about us at www.FirstBaptistJackson.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28
Youth Pastor/DirectorThe Bridge
- Silver Spring, Maryland
- September 27
Youth PastorThe Crossing
- Chesterfield, Missouri
- September 27