Pastor of Student Ministries
Grace Emmanuel was Founded in 1990:
We first met in a rented VFW building, then graduated into an ever expanding store front/warehouse for the next 20 years, and have now moved into a new, debt-free, facility with 300 attendees. We are a people who have learned to walk in faith, trusting
God for what seems impossible.
From the earliest days, we felt like God had given us a unique role in Port Saint Lucie.
God has, more and more, defined us over the last 25 years, as a church that is committed to building the deep truths of God’s Word into people’s lives; from baby to senior citizen. We are sincere in our focus to lead people to faith in Christ, to guide
them into the transforming power of the Holy Spirit as they learn to walk out their faith, and to encourage each person to reach back and disciple others along the journey they have traveled.
Our Vision for Student Ministry:
Our ministry to high school and junior high students has been through many forming, and re-forming, phases over the last 25 years. Thankfully, some of our earlier youth now hold positions of responsibility as adults in the church.
We do believe we are at the beginning of a new chapter. We are trusting God to build a dynamic, forward looking, outward reaching ministry to young people that will set the course for their lives, teach them to excel as spiritual leaders in their culture,
and prepare them for future leadership positions of ministry in the kingdom of God.
We now have, and desire to have going forward, students who are passionate to learn and internalize the Word of God. In a world where the culture around us is straying further and further from Biblical moorings, we desire to teach students to develop a
Biblical world view; to have an ability to defend their faith as God’s inspired truth for all of humanity; to be able to infect and impact the culture around them without that culture squeezing them into its’ mold.
We desire students to look outward to evangelize, and disciple their peers, and we desire a ministry that will fully equip each incoming middle school student to be dynamic spiritual leaders by the time they graduate high school.
We desire a student ministry that involves the whole family, not just the kids, and that each teen becomes a thriving part of the whole body at GRACE.
We are, presently, looking for:
…a dynamic Pastor to lead our ministry to students, their families, and the church as a whole. We are looking for a man who, while specializing in ministry to students and their families, will have an overall impact on the spiritual life and growth of other
young families at GRACE and, will in fact, be the face of young leadership to the entire congregation.
We are looking for a servant leader with a passion for the Word of God, the training to dig out those truths, and the spiritual gifts needed to communicate God’s life changing principles to our students and their families.
This man must be a born again Christian and be maturing in his relationship with Christ. He must have a high view of the inspiration and authority Scripture. He must have the personal qualities of an “Elder” listed in 1Timothy 3:1-7. We are looking for
a Pastor with high character and an engaging personality. He must be in complete agreement with GRACE’s statement of faith.
He must have God’s calling to serve in a pastoral role in a local church. We expect this person (couple) will be in their younger adult years, but with adequate training and experience to carry out God’s calling. He must have a genuine Christ-like love
for those he is called to lead.
This Pastor needs to be a team player as well as a team builder. He must be able to work in union with the other Pastors, Elders, Executive Committee members, and other department heads at GRACE. As previously stated, we don’t see this Pastor as simply
leading teens, but as a major part of the GRACE leadership with a combined, unified vision to lead this body into the future.
We want this pastor to be self-motivated, have personal initiative in leadership and administration and, at the same time, desire mentoring relationships with the many other experienced Pastors and Church leaders at GRACE. We are expecting this person to
be younger than the present leadership, and we desire this Pastor to be teachable, searching to increase in knowledge, wisdom and understanding.
Necessary Leadership Skills:
We are looking for a Pastor who is passionate about student ministry and has personal vision for the development of the ministry into the future. We want him to become a pastoral guide in each student’s overall spiritual life; to build into each student
a hunger for Biblical truth and an ability to mine Scripture for themselves. We desire him to teach the students to be involved in worship, in Bible study, in prayer, in fellowship with other believers, in ministry both inside the church and “into all the
We want him to “equip the saints for the work of the ministry” on a teen level, but to also view his ministry as a ministry to families, not just kids. He needs to involve parents, and whole families, in the life and growth of each student. He needs to
be, pastorally, (in conjunction with their parents), involved in their home life, their school activities, and their life activities.
He needs to be ready and willing to counsel them in their choice of college, vocation, mate choice, dating, and social relationships. He needs to teach them to recognize the call of God on their own lives. He needs to encourage each teen student to be involved
in other church ministries and activities.
We prefer this pastor to be married and have a healthy relationship with his wife. We desire that his wife should be just as committed to Christ as he is, and fully support the ministry to which God has called her spouse. We expect him to be a man of Godly
character and moral purity.
The leadership of this church is Biblically and socially conservative. Our views on current social issues are directly in line with Biblical truth. We expect this Pastor to have Scriptural, like-minded views on abortion, marriage, alcohol and drug addiction,
human sexuality and dating. The person we are seeking would define himself as a conservative; spiritually, socially, and politically.
We desire this Pastor to have a good knowledge and ability to use social media to communicate where youth are.
- Design, Develop, and Oversee a comprehensive ministry to Middle School and High School students and their families.
- Plan and lead weekly student meetings that engage and energize students, including small groups.
- Teach Biblical truths that challenge and equip students to become passionate disciples of Jesus who make disciples.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of adult volunteers that partner with you in ministry.
- Invest in and disciple a core team of student leaders who can help lead and disciple their fellow students.
- Equip and empower students with a Biblical worldview that addresses current issues and concerns that they face in their world today.
- Prepare and encourage students to share and defend their faith in their culture.
- Seek out effective ways to have an active presence with students on their school campuses.
- Encourage an outward focus by providing opportunities for outreach/missions.
- Seek out and plan opportunities for students to participate in a yearly spiritually charged student camp (or similar setting) to deepen students’ commitment and passion for God.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the parents of students and partner with them in discipling their kids.
- Develop an effective flow of communication to students and parents (via email, handouts, etc.) and schedule periodic parent meetings to maintain good communication, coordination and vision.
- Integrate the students into the overall life of the church in worship, fellowship and serving opportunities.
- Interface with Children’s Ministry leadership to help guide the transition of the older children into the Student Ministry.
- Develop a plan to help fold graduating High School students into the next step for them as vital part of GRACE.
- Coordinate with Pastor to Senior Adults to encourage mentoring relationships and opportunities for prayer.
- Develop a purposeful ministry of prayer for Student Ministries.
- Prepare and oversee the yearly budget for Student Ministries.
B. Serve as vital part of the Pastoral Team in overall ministry to the church.
- Maintain an active presence and function in weekly Worship Services.
- Attend weekly Pastor/Elder and Staff Meetings, and report regularly of progress, needs and issues as they arise.
- Attend monthly Executive Committee Meetings.
- Utilize your gifts and skills in overall church ministry as needed.
- Prepare an annual report of Student Ministry for the congregation.
This job description, as with all jobs in a church, will evolve as GRACE Emmanuel Church moves forward in our desire to reach out and minister to those in and outside of our community.
Please send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org