The Shuttle Services Supervisor is responsible to assist the Pastor of Guest Ministries in giving supervisory and development responsibility to the Shuttle Service of Sugar Creek Baptist Church. This person also helps lead the church toward a highly efficient
level of operation in that area. His/her responsibilities, as outlined below, help to further the religious mission of the Church.
The Shuttle Services Supervisor serves in the Administration Division and is immediately responsible to the Pastor of Guest Ministries. He/she will be expected to make him/herself available for ministry opportunities with ministers or staff of other divisions
on any other projects deemed appropriate and offer his/her time, skills, and gift sets as they apply toward the ongoing welfare, ministry and edification of the church.
Skill Sets and Experience expected
- Highly organized
- Able to confront when necessary
- Well-mannered leader, ably dealing with employees and shuttle riders with grace
- Good oral and written skills
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Make wise decisions quickly as needs arise
- Able to work on your feet for 6-7 hours each Sunday
- Tracking key performance metrics using Microsoft Excel
- Assist in training and evaluation of drivers
- The Shuttle Services Supervisor directly oversees the Sunday activities of the Shuttle Ministry. This person will see to it that our shuttle ministry is effective and efficient so that off site parking becomes the preferred place to park at Sugar Creek.
During the week, in cooperation with the Facilities Director, this person coordinates maintenance/cleaning needs, scheduling drivers, and makes weekly reports to supervisor.
DETAIL OF PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
- Oversee a smooth running shuttle ministry every Sunday from 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
- Supervise the activities of the shuttle drivers.
- Evaluate and resolve problems presented by employees or shuttle riders.
- Participates in the hiring of new drivers.
- Scheduling shuttle bus drivers ensuring that all 14 shuttles have a driver every Sunday.
- Check in the drivers and get radios and keys to them on Sunday mornings.
- Hold bus drivers accountable: no cell phones, no music in shuttles, etc.
- Track the shuttles to make sure they are arriving every 3 minutes at pick up locations.
- During the week, coordinate with the Facilities Director in scheduling exterior washes, oil changes, etc.
- During the week, oversee scheduling of shuttles and drivers for other Sugar Creek ministries
- Prepare and analyze shuttle operation reports, including passenger counts, mileage, fuel consumption, route studies, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date field communications the shuttle drivers (two-way radio system).
- Coordinate the placement of notifications and flyers at shuttle stops, inside shuttle vehicles, as well as other appropriate locations.
- Work 16 hours per week