Creekside Church exists to . . . Follow Jesus. Love God. Love People. Launched in 1989, the church is located on 33 acres in northwest Waterloo. Creekside is a non-denominational, evangelical, contemporary, team oriented, growing congregation
(1900+) with multiple staff and multiple Sunday services. We are passionate about evangelism, worship, teaching and caring for those both inside and outside the church family.
Worship is more than the music before a sermon. Worship happens every day and should never be confined to the church. The responsibility of a Worship Pastor is to lead others to live a life like the lyrics of a song from Psalms, continually praising God
for His love and goodness. If you agree, you could be what we’re looking for.
This is a senior leadership role at Creekside. Working in collaboration with the Teaching Pastor, the Pastor of Worship & Creative Arts is responsible for all creative aspects of our Sunday services and special events. This includes worship, creative arts,
tech, and stage design. We hold 3 back-to-back services that run concurrently in 2 auditoriums on Sunday mornings and we have plans to launch a satellite site in Kitchener in the near future. Still interested? Read on....
- A proven leader, equipper and team builder with 3+ years experience in Worship and Arts in a large church setting
- Equipped with a degree/diploma in music and arts and a relevant theological degree
- A skilled musician who has extensive experience with vocals, keys, guitar, or other instruments
- Organized and efficient, especially with time and people management
- An excellent communicator, both orally and written
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude
You will be:
- Planning, organizing and overseeing all aspects of worship and creative arts at Creekside
- Responsible for spiritually leading multiple worship experiences on weekends and many special events throughout the year
- Recruiting, training, motivating and building worship teams and other creative arts teams
- Coaching our full-time tech director
- Planning and organizing worship experiences to meet structured time requirements
The perfect fit:
- Desires to excel in a vibrant growing church community
- Is experienced in building, motivating, equipping and leading teams and loves to see others excel
- Loves to lead worship and can inspire and empower others to do the same
- Has experience with satellite churches
- Is willing to give up skinny jeans and scarves even before the trend dies (if it dies, of course)
- Can hold their own in a rubber band war while singing “Onward, Christian Soldiers”
* To be considered for this role, applicants must provide a demo showing personal experience singing and/or leading worship.
Canadian Residency Required.
If this sounds like you…..send us your resume and demo link: email@example.com