The Director of Communications is responsible for oversight and execution of all aspects of communications, marketing and brand management in a manner that furthers our mission of leading people to realize and reach their full potential in Jesus Christ.
Position Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Create, develop and continually improve effective event promotion systems and methods that support ministry initiatives (print and screen).
- Lead NewPointe’s digital presence, including websites and social media, to effectively represent NewPointe and communicate our vision, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Lead NewPointe’s marketing effort to create growing awareness of NewPointe in all of our existing and future campus communities.
- Develop Communications staff and volunteer teams to greater levels of growth and effectiveness.
- Identify and leverage strategic opportunities to effectively communicate NewPointe’s mission, vision, values and stories to internal and external audiences.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Directly supervises and leads paid staff within the department
- Leads volunteers
- A knowledge of Microsoft programs
- Ability to quickly create relevant and creative communication messages
- Ability to coach staff and volunteers to grow in communication efforts/skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively recruit, inspire and build teams.
- Ability to generate and manage social media content
- Ability to create graphic design (small and large format printing.
- Proficient in the following software applications:
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Final Cut Pro
- Adobe’s Creative Suite including After Effects
- Able to ask questions for understanding and advancement of ideas/concepts
- Coachable and takes direction well
- Strong desire to see people’s lives changed
- Strong desire to Serve others with a Christ-like attitude
- Strong belief in NewPointe and its vision
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team
- Able to coordinate multiple projects at once
- Able to set goals and create a plan for achieving those goals
- Able to work with other NPCC departments to coordinate and execute projects
- Promotes a positive attitude and working environment
- Possesses excellent “people” skills
- Desire to engage and lead new people
- Ability to think creatively and solve practical problems
Education: College degree
Experience: Minimum 2-5 years related experience at a communication leadership level, preferably in a multi-campus or multi-location organization
Licenses: None required