For the full job description and to apply, go to http://rumcworship.com/apply
The Children’s Music Coordinator will provide leadership, organization and promotion of the Children’s Music Ministry under the direction of the Director of Worship & Arts and the Children’s Minister.
Primary responsibilities will include rehearsing the Children’s Choir (age-banded in two sessions: pre kindergarteners - 5 years by August 1 - through 1st grade. And 2nd grade through 6th grade) on Wednesday evenings and planning and leading worship for
the large group Children’s ministry gatherings on Sunday mornings. Integration between Wednesday music and Sunday music is integral.
- Lead Wednesday evening Children’s Choir programming, 6-7:30pm (age-banded in two sessions).
- The choir will sing, on average, one time per month in various worship services.
- Prepare for and lead the Christmas Eve Family Service.
- Prepare for and lead the Children’s Musical in Spring.
Sunday Morning Worship
- Lead Sunday morning Children’s Worship programming.
- Work closely with the Children’s minister in worship preparation and music selection.
- Manage worship team scheduling.
- Coordinate with Director of Worship & Arts and the Children’s Minister
- Enlist, train and equip volunteers for Children’s music.
- Grow the ministry by increasing the children’s involvement and quality execution.
- Identify new opportunities for growth and integration of the ministry.
- Function in an interactive and cross-functional relationship with other ministries.
- Consistently point children back to Jesus - our focus for singing.
- Spiritually lead the children in Scripture, Prayer, background/meaning of songs, etc.
We are looking for someone with the following experience and qualifications:
- Devoted follower of Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the mission and core values of Reynoldsburg UMC.
- Strong music background and experience in music performance.
- Prior experience working with children.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, Bachelor Degree preferred.
This summary is not comprehensive, but it is designed to give you an idea of what the position entails. If you are interested in the opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com