Cornerstone Ministries is a vibrant, dynamic, contemporary, and growing non-denominational church located in Murrysville, PA just outside of Pittsburgh. Cornerstone is a church that not only talks about loving God and people, but strives
to live it out every day.
The Graphic Designer position conveys the persona and message of Cornerstone Ministries through the design, and implementation of the church’s branding, marketing, and communication principles. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative
team member who can effectively
incorporate design, typography, illustration and/or photography to create eye catching and inspiring graphics for sermons series materials, major church event promotions, assorted ministry promotional materials, and holiday advertising collateral. The Graphic
Designer works closely with the Communication & Creative Arts Director to maintain consistency in philosophy, excellence, branding, and creativity across Cornerstone’s print and multi-media elements.
- Working alongside ministry leaders to receive project requests, gather information, manage expectations, and deliver the end product in a timely fashion to a satisfied “client.”
- Balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Working with other Creative Staff members as an encouraging and supportive team member; contribute to overall CWL goals.
- Contacting external vendors as needed to obtain printing quotes or place printing orders.
- Providing leadership, and development opportunities to both staff and volunteer graphics personnel.
- Participating in the planning and creative process for sermon series and all-church related items as needed.
- Maintaining church-wide processes for requesting graphic needs.
- Receiving and implementing creative direction with a positive attitude.
- Exploring emerging technologies in new media particularly design software.
Other qualifications, skills, gifts:
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Web design experience helpful
- MAC proficient; knowledge of Quark Express, In-Design, Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator helpful
- Possess an understanding of standard printing practices and the communication there of.Solid organizational skills; strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with strong time-management skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to complete work in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment.