Information Technology Director
Department: Information Technology (IT)
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Classification: Full-time, exempt
Summary of Position
Frontiers is a Christian, faith-based non-profit working with churches to send their workers overseas.
We are looking for a representative who can be responsible for overall planning, organizing and execution of all IT functions related to the systems and support teams. This position requires a hands-on leader who fosters collaborative teamwork within a dynamic
This leader will work closely with each business area and the executive team to ensure the organization’s business requirements are supported by a flexible, robust set of services that create efficiency and reduce risk. The primary responsibilities include
leading the IT team and delivering the tactical and strategic structure for systems, telecom and network implementation. Duties also include third party vendor management, delivery of on premise and cloud based services, and improving the organization with
forward looking solutions.
This position is a Director/Contributor role. As a seasoned IT practitioner, this person will have substantial hands-on responsibility for advanced-level design and customization of the network, servers and applications; but will also have access to external
consulting partners for complex design and implementations as needed. At the same time, this person will be expected to pitch in on a variety of tasks and projects based on the organization’s priorities.
- Oversee the leadership, vision, long-range goals and objectives of the IT infrastructure and delivery, including cloud, applications, systems, databases, voice/data network, and security.
- Manage the hiring, staffing, and retention of a diverse and effective team.
- Mentor and develop IT staff to achieve company goals and career development.
- Review performance of the company systems to determine operation costs, productivity levels, and upgrade requirements.
- Create an annual IT budget, including forecasting and review.
- Oversee the daily operations of all server systems including databases, data networks, capacity planning, systems and network configurations, network design, implementation, maintenance, and all related security concerns.
- Maintain compliance with applicable standards, (e.g. PCI, personal privacy data protection, etc.) and ensure licensing and warranties remain current.
- Work with team to continue to upgrade disaster recovery and escalation procedures for systems/databases and network security, and business continuity.
- Manage outages and events that impact customer-facing services and business support services.
- Build relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Proactively support the organization’s goals and maintain excellent working relationship with department managers and staff.
- Hands-on experience with running an IT operations team and developing the staff, tools, standards and processes required for high profile business to business applications.
- Knowledge of client and endpoint technologies including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, mobile devices and client productivity software.
- Proven ability to manage effective teams in highly agile environments.
- Proven ability to balance tactical and strategic priorities to evolve capabilities and reduce risk.
- Strong analytical and logistical skills.
- Good verbal, written and customer service-focused communication skills.
- Ability to make mature decisions, maintain excellent working relationships, and learn quickly.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations, correlate ideas, make decisions, and resolve issues.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of two years with senior manager or director-level leadership responsibilities (or comparable proven experience) and substantive prior experience in applicable technical roles.
- High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple intersecting disciplines, including Enterprise Applications for SMB and non-profit sector including CRM, Web, Microsoft Server, Windows and Mac OS X, BYOD, Cloud, Virtualization, Database,
Storage Security, Networking, Telecommunications, etc.
- Hands-on architecture and design expertise with WAN/LAN engineering, virtualization, Microsoft server and applications environments, desktop and laptop support, network attached storage, network security and monitoring.
- Willing to work non-standard hours to accommodate business needs.
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Perform other duties (or functions) as assigned.
Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.