Willow Drive Baptist Church in Lake Jackson is seeking a full-time Worship/Outreach Minister. The candidate must have a deep love for Jesus Christ, His people, and the Bible. The candidate will also be able to read music, be proficient on and able to lead with an instrument, have a pleasing singing ability and must be able to engage the heart of the people through music and words. For a full description of the position visit our website – wdbc.net or call 979-297-4079. The position is open until October 31.
Willow Drive Baptist Church
Worship Minister/Adult Education
The Worship leader will report to the Senior Pastor and must have a deep love for Jesus Christ, His people and the Bible; be a prayer warrior, rooted in the Word, enthusiastically support the vision and philosophy of the ministry of the church and regularly attend worship service. The incumbent must have a passion for music and unity in the body, be community minded and demonstrate a lifestyle of worship. The incumbent will lead the music/visual ministry in Spirit and Truth (John 4:24). A secondary role will be to develop, promote and administer the adult education ministries of the church.
The incumbent leads people by right example of life in the Spirit and service of the Lord (Gal. 4:22-26). His/her faith is growing stronger as evidenced in their life fulfilling “the Great Commandment”, loving God and loving people. This is a full time position.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communications skills with the staff, band and the congregation
- Passion to “pull heaven to earth”
- The ability to empower, utilize and develop the team
- Must read music and be proficient on an instrument, and have a pleasing singing ability.
- Possess a knowledge of hymns and new worship music.
- Must be teachable, humble and respectful of authority
- Be a team player that is trustworthy and will loyally support the other members of the church staff.
- Must be a growing believer (ABLE – as defined by Willow booklet)
- Pastoral Heart – able to engage the heart of the people through music and words
- Shall become a member of Willow Drive Baptist Church
- Is in agreement with the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message
- Worship Leader
- Weekly planning and leading of two worship services
- Planning and leading worship team rehearsals
- Develop and mentor instrumentalists and vocalists, including youth worship leaders
- Participate in staff meetings, events and training
- Responsible for sound, lighting and presentation software and the teams that run these
- Open to lead corporate ministry time, especially when Pastor Scott is gone
- Responsible for seasonal music needs and special events
- Serve as needed in other areas of ministry at Willow
- Responsible for own secretarial responsibilities such as making copies, mail-outs, etc.
- Adult Education
- Provide leadership, assistance and training for teachers within the adult ministries.
- Initiate and implement outreach and care ministries through the adult ministries.
- Carry out the disciple-making strategy of the church
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- PTO is defined as (but not limited to) time off for vacations, sickness, personal leave, etc.
- Distribution is as follows: 12 working days a year the first year plus one day for each year of employment at Willow Drive Baptist Church with a limit of 25 days. The first through third year, only two Sundays may be missed. After the third year, a third Sunday may be included.
- Holidays – refer to Policy Handbook
$60,000 - $70,000.00 (depending upon experience)
This includes salary, insurance and housing.
At least one year.
Submit to email@example.com or mail to: Willow Drive Baptist Church, 200 Willow Drive, Lake Jackson, TX 77566
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Contemporary Worship LeaderStepney Baptist Church
- Monroe, Connecticut
- October 24
Worship Leader, Niceville CampusCrosspoint
- Niceville, Florida
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Willow Drive Baptist
God is into transformation! He wants everyone to experience and be changed by His love and beauty. This happens as people build their lives upon Jesus and thus invite His Kingdom into every area of life. Willow’s goal is to see transformation happen in the community, congregation and family. More...