First Presbyterian Church is a vital, growing congregation in the heart of beautiful Fort Lauderdale. We are a large church, but we preserve a small family feel through close relationships and small groups. We belong to one of the oldest Protestant traditions,
yet we strive to be relevant in today's world. All are welcome here at First Church.
We are currently seeking a Church Accountant
- Process transactions
- Process payroll
- Administer basic HR functions
- Journal entries
- Monthly review and closing of financial activity
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Other accounting projects as assigned
Qualifications & Education
- Bachler’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related concentration is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in full-charge bookkeeping
- Experience in Shelby accounting software is preferred
- Experience with non-profit or governmental accounting practices
- Proficient in payroll software’s and general HR Processes is required
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
DFWP / EOE
Please attach a copy of cover letter, resume and/or salary requirements.