We are a family-oriented community of faith where anyone at any stage of life can experience the dynamic presence of God. Our commitment to love, acceptance and forgiveness allows God to bring people to wholeness through restoration and spiritual formation.
Life is a battle but Generations United is the church where no one fights alone.
About this Position
We are looking for a young, high octane, full-throttle type of individual to lead our children’s ministries (birth-6th grade). This person must be highly relational, a great communicator, and passionate about helping children develop the foundations
of a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful ministry in a high-pace, creative/innovative, and relationally driven environment.
Role and Responsibilities
The Children’s Pastor provides overall leadership to the children’s ministries department and serves as a valuable member of the pastoral staff in various other areas of responsibility, as assigned by the Lead Pastor. Specific responsibilities include:
- Integrate the mission and vision of Generations United into children ministries and derive a similarly relevant mission and branding for children ministries.
- Plan and execute high quality, biblically accurate, high-energy services for children; cast vision, teach, and program services that include the utilization of children (with youth and/or adult leadership); develop age-appropriate messages/teaching/curriculum;
lead special activities and other creative elements that inspire children to follow Christ.
- Create special events that relationally connect children and families.
- Lead a team of adult volunteers in the creation of a vibrant children ministries department. Direct the recruiting, training, development, and scheduling of volunteers and teams as needed to staff and support weekly services and special events.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic parent meetings/classes/forums in order to relationally connect, personally engage and actively assist families of children.
- Provide spiritual guidance as needed to children and their parents.
- Serve the congregation by providing general pastoral care, including performance of weddings & funerals, water baptisms, on-call rotation, hospital visitation, and other appropriate ministries in times of crisis.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in children's ministry required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Theology, Biblical Studies, Pastoral Ministry or other related field.
- Must be in agreement with the doctrines of Generations United (http://www.genuchurch.com/what-we-believe).
We expect the potential candidate to be theologically grounded; to have experience leading a growing children’s ministry; to have exceptional skills in recruiting, training and developing paid and/or volunteer teams; to possess the ability to effectively
communicate biblical truths and organizational vision; and to demonstrate adept interpersonal skills. We'll give priority to candidates looking to pursue a long future in children’s ministries and who are interested in growing roots in our community.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications
- Employee medical & vision insurance
- Relocation expenses
- Paid vacation
- Sun (8.30am – 12:30pm)
- Mon – Thurs (9am – 5pm)
- Occasional afterhours/weekends typical of pastoral ministry
Submit cover letter and resume to Debbie Early (email@example.com | Subject: Children’s Pastor).
*Including a photograph of yourself and videos/links of you ministering at children’s services/events is highly encouraged.