CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
Early Childhood Director
(An at-will employment position)
Scope of Position:
The Early Childhood Director shall assist the Director of Children’s Ministries in providing leadership in the early education area of Children’s Ministries.
Reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry.
- Provide general oversight and coordination of all programming, leaders, and children four-years-old through first grade.
- Locate and adapt curriculum and resources to meet the spiritual needs of children.
- Develop ministry methods that are relevant to the changing needs of our culture and families.
- Work cooperatively with the Children’s Ministries staff to insure an effective and successful ministry to the children and families of Crossings.
- Participate in leadership and planning with the Pastor of Special Events for special programs such as VBS, Kid Faith, Arise Conference, etc. as requested or assigned.
- Develop methods for connecting children and families to the church body.
- Attend and participate, as requested, in ministry and general staff meetings.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
- Complete any other tasks as may be assigned to fulfill the role of Early Childhood Director.
Skills Required for Position:
The Early Childhood Director shall exhibit spiritual gifts such as exhortation, helps, mercy, teaching, faith, encouragement, wisdom, and administration. He/she shall be a proven, effective leader in the areas of responsibility attached to this position.
Education and Experience:
The Early Childhood Director shall possess an undergraduate degree, at a minimum, with experience in education and/or ministry, administration, and management.