The Potter’s House Family Worship Center
Job Title: Media & Technical Director
Status: Part-Time salaried
Benefits: Housing provided inclusive of heat, water and electrical
Purpose: This position provides video, lighting and sound oversight for church-wide ministries. This position is also responsible for the design and production of The Potter’s House communications that promote and inform the congregation,
staff and surrounding community about the mission, ministries and programs of The Potter’s House Family Worship Center. It requires a person who is a self-starter and is able to be proactive in fulfilling the goals and objectives of their areas of responsibility.
Church size of 300+.
Reports to: The Director of Operations
General Statement of Duties
The Media &Technical Director will demonstrate a strong commitment to Jesus Christ while overseeing the maintenance and operation of Audio/Video/Lighting/Media equipment and use. The Media &Technical Director’s ultimate goal is that services
and events across all facilities and ministries are able to use technology and media effectively and strategically to communicate and enhance the experience of services and events. The Media &Technical Director will report to the Director of Operations, work
closely with Worship & Arts Director, and provide Audio/Video/Lighting training and resources to other ministries.
The Media & Technical Director oversees the following areas of the church and their growth:
- Media and Video
- Sound and Lighting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and operate the sound and lighting systems relating to Church
- Create and oversee media development
- Help in establishing a web presence with online communication
- Assist in developing good organization of equipment
- Develop training to enhance the abilities of the volunteers involved in supervised areas
- Aid in planning for system upgrade and enhancements
- Able to provide input when planning events that occur in the Worship Center
- Oversee sound/lighting system duties throughout the facility
- Demonstrate an attitude of helpfulness to the volunteers and congregation.
- Help maintain proper supplies
- Completion of High School
- Completion of College or equivalent with an emphasis relating to technical, sound, lighting and media
- Demonstration of technical competence
- Broad hands-on experience with technology in a modern worship production environment.
Relevant Work Experience and Skills
Computer literacy & minimum software experience:
- · Final Cut/Adobe Creative Suite
- · Microsoft Office and ProPresenter
- · Competence in writing, posting, and online file management.
Basic Personal Responsibilities
Uphold Biblical priorities in life, outlined below:
- Growing personal relationship with Christ
- Relationship with spouse (if married)
- Relationship with children (if applicable)
- Financially support the works of the church.