Student Ministries Coordinator
OVERVIEW: Build and nurture a dynamic 21st Century student ministry that helps Middle School and High School students live their everyday lives in the way of Jesus' compassionate love for self and others.
TEAMS • Discernment Team • Formation Team • Student Ministry Teams • All Staff
REPORTS TO Adult/Family Formation Director
STAFF REPORTING TO THE POSITION: None
HOURS • 20 per week • Hours are not eligible for telecommuting • Requires evening, weekend meetings as well as possible overnight trips (i.e. retreats, lock ins)
• Affirm and align with the Crossroads UMC theological statement and lead others in the way of the Crossroads overall vision with authenticity and integrity.
• Three plus years experience leading successful student ministries. • Ability to connect with people of all ages.
• Ability to create safe places for students to open up and share their life stories.
• Ability to listen well.
• Ability to accept everyone's journey in a non-judgmental way.
• Passion to really get to know the students.
• Ability to communicate with parents and students using all the communication tools applicable to age levels.
• Ability to relate Biblical stories to everyday life in a non-preaching way.
• Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate student and adult leaders with an ongoing positive attitude, grace and humility and a sense of joy.
• Strong team player willing to collaborate with other staff members, teams and the people of the Crossroads community.
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated individual.
• Passion for service as a key formational pathway to becoming more and more like Jesus in everyday life.
• Ability to help students discover their call or mission for life.
• Ability to help students and adults to explore theology and have the ability to facilitate open theological dialogue.
• The ability to speak publicly in large and small gatherings including worship.
• Understand and able to interpret the Wheel of Human Development by Bill Plotkin.
• Understand and able to interpret The Stages of Faith by James Fowler.
• Understand and able to interpret the Human Centered Design Thinking process.
• Understand and able to interpret Crossroads Imagine.
• Provide spiritual support and leadership within the overall area of Student Ministry.
• Create a Student Ministries Teams made up of students and adult leaders.
• Invite adults to participate in Student Ministries as mentors and sages.
• Engage in ongoing training, equipping and empowering of teams to help lead Student Ministries.
• Continue the work of Crossroads Student Leadership program.
• Create numerous small and large groups for students to participate in.
• Participate in weekly dynamic Sunday morning Student Ministry gatherings.
• Grow Student Ministries both numerically and spiritually.
• Participate in the life and ministry of Crossroads UMC beyond Student Ministries.
• Schedule, organize and staff annual mission trips.
• Schedule, organize and staff annual retreats.
• Schedule, organize annual milestone events (i.e. 5th Grade Crossover, Graduation).
TO APPLY: Visit www.everydaylifewithgod.org/employment and send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Missions (767615)Private Profile
- Southeast USA , North Carolina
- December 8
Student Ministry Coordinator-Middle SchoolAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Children's Ministry Director/PastorLiberty Baptist Church
- Spring Lake, North Carolina
- December 6