Community and Discipleship Pastor
Catalina Foothills Church (PCA), in Tucson, AZ is looking for a small groups and discipleship pastor. This is a new position that has just been created. Working with the leadership team, this pastor will provide the vision and leadership to and manage a
small groups ministry focused on gospel-centered community and missional living. He will work with an energized team of lay leaders and pastors to facilitate community and gospel culture by connecting people into engaging and transformational groups that are
multiplying disciples in our church, our city, and the world. This is an exciting opportunity at a thriving gospel-centered church situated in a strategic location in Tucson.
1. Small Group (Community) Pastor - Manage contact and communication with our existing small groups and grow this ministry.
A. Recruit Leaders: Manage new leader process, including identifying, recruiting, interviewing, equipping, and developing small group leaders.
B. Curriculum and Ministry: Working with the Lead Pastor, identify, develop, and/or select small group curriculum and other small group study materials and tools. Produce optional sermon-based Small Group Questions weekly. Engage individual
groups with outreach and service opportunities and help the groups become more missional.
C. Shepherd Leaders: Equip and develop small group leaders around our mission, vision, and disciple-making values. Monitor the health, effectiveness, and duration of groups. Pastor and serve SG leaders and group members. Coordinate training
and other events that can connect the groups with the larger church body or help them to work together toward common goals and initiatives. Visit small groups annually to evaluate their spiritual health and vibrancy, and follow-up with the group leader to
advise, guide, and encourage.
D. Oversee Multiplication: Track group progress ensuring that each group identifies and trains an assistant leader and works toward multiplication of new groups.
E. Administration: Oversee the updating and accuracy of group data, and serve as the contact for all group leaders and all outside requests. Proficient in using a web-based program such as CCB. Prefer a working knowledge of spreadsheet software
such as Excel. Develop goals and strategies for small groups and follow-up. Create promotional materials and systems that ensure everyone in the church is aware of the small groups ministry, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
F. Training Events: Participate in leading and serving at SG leader trainings, and participate in the development of SG leadership tools as needed.
A. Develop, cast and implement a vision for a gospel-centered discipleship in the church. Possible use of Porterbrook training.
B. Develop a strategy to reach and disciple people through Bible studies and mentoring ministries.
C. Help with officer training and membership assimilation using system created by Lead Pastor.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Attend Pastoral and Staff meetings as required
- Support and attend “all-church” and “all-staff” activities
- Assist the Lead Pastor as directed, pulpit supply if able
- When scheduled, serve as Pastor on-call or perform weddings and funerals
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Lead Pastor or elders
- Is committed to growing in Christ-likeness and developing his personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
- PCA ordination preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible, leadership, or related area. M. Div. or higher is preferred.
- 3–5 years’ experience in ministry with or related to small groups.
- Experience with and passion for gospel-centered ministry and community.
- Experience in Bible Study and Bible-based Curriculum development
- Pursues professional, personal, and spiritual development.
- Has a deep personal commitment to fulfilling the Great Commission and the cultural mandate by impacting the culture with the Word of God.
Exhibits strong gifting in the following areas:
- Communication of the gospel and a vision for the multiplication of disciples. Familiar with Everyday Church, The Gospel-Centered Community, DiscipleShift, Real-Life Discipleship, Building a Discipling Culture, Make, Mature, Multiply,
or other resources that focus on developing missional, gospel-centered disciple-making disciples.
- Relational evangelism and development of leaders.
- Passion for raising up godly men who will lead in the home, church, workplace and world (e..g officer training)
- Effective leadership and administration of lay leader teams.
- Effective networking (a people gatherer) and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic shepherding and encouragement of individuals and teams.
- Motivational mentorship and ministry training.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Has proven organizational skills in goal setting, management, reporting, and networking.
- Is a humble team player who is willing to be led just as much as he is willing to lead.
Interested and qualified applicants, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org