About Oasis Community Church
We are a non-denominational, evangelical church located in Scottsdale, Arizona. We recently expanded our children’s and student ministry facilities. We average around 300-350 adults per weekend. We are all about Loving God, Loving Life, and Loving People.
We seek a mature and growing Christian and visionary leader to work with a great existing volunteer and part-time staff . Will be responsible for championing and executing the discipleship of our children. The CM Director is responsible for developing a
team of staff, volunteers, and volunteer team leaders to ensure that all children are taught Biblical truth and feel welcomed, known and loved by God and His church. This person oversees the training, encouraging, and mentoring of the CM teams and fosters
strong connections and fellowship among them. S/he equips parents as the primary spiritual mentors of their children.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a vision and strategy for CM aligned with OCC’s overall vision and strategy
- Equips and educates parents for their primary role as spiritual mentors for their children
- Identifies, recruits, equips and releases new volunteers and volunteer team leaders to embrace the CM program vision, mission and strategy
- Plans and implements CM programs for all weekend worship services (currently two Sunday services and Wednesday night services.).
- Researches, reviews, purchases, implements and modifies as needed new learning curriculum for each CM program (in consultation with senior leadership)
- Develops and executes communications plan to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed of CM activities
- Holds regular meetings with CM part-time staff, volunteers and volunteer team leaders, to ensure clear communication, share new information, ensure consistency among the teams, and address concerns
- Develops and maintains a safe, clean, nurturing child development environment within each classroom
- Maintains CM budget and keeps supervisor abreast of any potential shortfalls
- Develops special CM events to support the discipleship mission (i.e. seasonal programs & activities, summer programs, parent and/or children classes, workshops and fellowship opportunities)
- Attends staff meetings and other church meetings and events as identified by supervisors
- Likes to have fun and color with sidewalk chalk
Full-time/Salaried: This position includes weekend and some evening work
- A solid personal relationship with and a mature commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced by daily spending time with Him and His Word and observable fruit of the spirit.
- Can embrace OCC’s Statement of Faith
- Doesn't just say they are a Christian but is so in Love with Jesus it comes out of them like when you squeeze a jelly filled donut.
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Ability to learn software and hardware specific to CM (e.g., existing child check-in system)
- Demonstrated understanding of leadership and recruitment
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage several assignments concurrently.
- Ninja Skills highly desired
- Passion for and understanding of children and their spiritual development
- Knowledge of child development and learning, special event planning, training and mentoring new leaders
- Energetic, pro-active, goal-oriented, patient, kind, encouraging, and positive
- Exercises good judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and especially confidentiality
- Teachable, humble and knows how and when to show empathy
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve in a wide variety of situations
- Demonstrates history of using principles in Matthew 18 to deal with conflict
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence
- Relates well to those of all ages and levels of spiritual maturity
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading teams in a children’s education environment (e.g., school, church, camp and youth missions). Children’s Ministry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.