Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Hours: 40 hours weekly (may include Sundays)
Base Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health and Retirement
The Resurrection Church Operations Coordinator must be a leader who is able to support the church’s ministry by helping transform strategic vision into reality and by delivering measurable, cost-effective results. The Operations Coordinator must have
the capacity to create efficient and effective systems to increase the impact and productivity of the church’s ministry, while empowering team members to feel energized and inspired to contribute their best. This person must whole-heartedly support the vision
and mission of Resurrection Church and relish the opportunity to work toward their fulfillment.
Duties: Immediate Challenges
- To lead the continued, strategic transformation of Resurrection Church internal operations and processes
- To assist in resetting the church’s leadership model in order to streamline decision-making processes and enhance communications
- To lead the development of an organizational-wide system(s) for measuring and increasing impact (to include leadership, processes and outputs)
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide and model effective and inspiring leadership.
- Build the organization’s capacity to manage projects and activities and to collaborate internally and externally with elders, staff, council, committees and boards, ministry departments, and network partners.
- Lead church internal operations activities (strategy and planning, business processes, information management and technology, human resources, learning and training, innovation, and impact) ensuring sound operational impact and strong management.
- Work in under the direction of the Senior Pastor to provide supervisory support of and exercise influential authority with all Leadership Team members and direct supervisory leadership for the non-pastoral Church Ministry Staff.
Organizational Planning, Implementation and Impact:
- Provide leadership and input for strategic planning processes with the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team to guide, prepare and submit an annual operational plan and budget, manage the organization effectively within this plan and budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Coach and collaborate with organizational leaders as they implement the strategic plan and implement program operations.
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting the progress and impact of the strategic plan implementation and organizational initiatives.
- Provide executive-level leadership, supervision, and coordination of internal operations to include human resources, information management and technology, internal communications, and impact and innovation.
- Constantly review competing organizational needs to establish the priorities leadership must address.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day coordination and internal communications of the Leadership Team and strategic council.
- Oversee use of all church facilities for events, meetings, weddings, etc…
- Prepare and update all “Facilities Usage Agreements” for internal and external users of the church facilities and ensure compliance with all church requirements including “Certificates of Insurance” and timely payments.
- Oversee facilities calendar for all events and meetings on the church properties.
- Oversee weekly Facilities Usage meeting.
- Oversee the “Work Order” process for all building usage, maintenance and repair.
- Oversee HVAC for all events in the facility.
- Alert appropriate Facilities Staff when emergency repairs are needed to equipment or building.
- Oversee assignment of weddings/events and Weddings/Events Coordinators, and facilitate with other departments for provision of technical personnel as necessary.
Policies and Procedures:
- Work with appropriate parties to create and/or maintain appropriate church policies and procedures manuals.
- Review regularly and update (with input from appropriate parties) as needed all written policies and procedures.
- Work with appropriate parties to create new policies and procedures as needed.
- Attend monthly National Church Business Administrators luncheon.
- Review “Church Tax & Law Report” and “Church Finance Update” publications.
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Resurrection Church and be inspired by its mission. This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with leadership and management experience to grow and further develop
an organization that has already made a significant impact. The successful candidate must be able to work cohesively under the Senior Pastor and collaboratively with the Leadership Team.
In addition to the position-specific expectations indicated above, this person will be a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, who subscribes whole-heartedly to the stated beliefs, values, and philosophy of Resurrection Church. He or she will additionally
be expected to attend scheduled staff meetings and retreats; attend scheduled Leadership Team meetings and retreats; participate fully in the worship and community life of Resurrection Church; represent the church positively in the larger community; and perform
such other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Senior Pastor.
Education: Associate or Bachelor’s degree desirable, with at least 3 years of professional experience and a successful track record in leadership and management.
Nonprofit Experience: Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
Leadership and Organization: Embody a good capacity for leading and managing people; a proven team leader who has the ability to connect with staff on an individual level and within groups; capacity to cultivate innovation and entrepreneurship,
develop and empower exceptional leaders, enforce accountability, adapt and adjust leadership priorities as necessary, and apprehend the strengths and weaknesses of team members (both staff and volunteer) so as to position them for success.
General Management: Thorough understanding of all operational functions and, in particular, human resources, information and knowledge-based systems and technology, strategic development, evaluation impact, budgetary and operational planning
and processes, and business analysis.
Strategic Vision and Agility: The ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and adapt to incorporate changes and new inputs into strategic plans.
Results: A proven track record for achieving goals, the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; a level of business and operational acumen with the ability to balance
program delivery with budgetary realities, excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
Capacity Building: The ability to effectively build organizational and human capacity to meet current and future needs; lead and develop high-performing, talented team and effective systems and processes that ensure RLC runs smoothly and
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and is ready to take on challenge; able to act and react as required, even when time constraints prevent ideal conditions; able and willing to take charge of situations when necessary; able to manage
up; able to overcome resistance; and take unpopular stands when necessary.
Communications: Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with good public speaking skills; ability to translate complex ideas into actionable language, ability to adjust communication
style to effectively connect with different audiences.
Leadership Style: Demonstrates a personable and positive demeanor; easily accesses experience, wisdom and sound judgment in both roles of thought partner and decision-maker; enjoys people, is empathetic and is committed to inspiring them
to achieve their best; takes responsibility for actions and words, with ability to own missteps and learn from them; resilient and agile with the capacity to pivot when necessary; and a good sense of humor.