Christ the Rock is a non-denominational church located in Appleton, WI. We are a Bible believing, Christ following group that has a heart for seeking the lost, loving the hurting and discipling believers to do the same. We value Relationships,
Being Authentic, Honoring God and all people, and joining God in his Redemptive work in people's lives. We are looking to hire an individual with gifts and experience in Communications. This is a full-time position.
JOB DESCRIPTION - Overview
The Communications Director will create, organize, plan and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications
priorities to appropriate audiences.
The Communications Director will serve in a leadership role to:
- Unify and align communications.
- Partner with ministries, meet with them to create communications plans to mobilize specific audiences to respond.
- Ensure high-quality and highest impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences.
Specific Skills, Gifts, Talents Needed
- LEADERSHIP: Leader, big-picture planner, ministry partner, coach and motivator. Lead and manage other staff and volunteers to implement communications strategies. Provide leadership and management in the area of external/internal communications and marketing
through print and electronic vehicles for the church.
- COACHING/TRAINING: Educate people about procedures and processes for communicating church messages. Meet them where they are in their level of understanding and help them come to know what we do and why we do it and how they can contribute to the overall
effectiveness of church communication.
- CREATIVITY: Continually look for ways to communicate existing church-wide and ministry programs in creative ways that will evoke a response from the Body and community.
- MARKETING/PUBLIC RELATIONS: Assess and determine the most effective ways to communicate a message to its intended audience.
- ORGANIZATIONAL/PLANNING: Understand vision cast by leadership and organize communications messages in a way that best reflects church priorities.
- RELATIONAL: Work with leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communications. Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries’ needs and wants.
- COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: Must be extremely comfortable working with computers. Have the ability to take on basic design work.
- WRITING: Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- DESIGN: Knows or can quickly learn and direct basic design principles utilizing appropriate software for each applicable project.
For more information on us - or to apply please visit our website at
www.christtherock.org. Select the I'm New tab, Staff & Leadership to get to our position descriptions and on-line application. To apply, please submit a CTR application, and forward a copy of your resume and samples of your work to