This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Pastor of Outreach
King Street Church
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 03/10/2009
Categories: Evangelism Pastor
Denominations: United Brethren
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
PASTOR OF OUTREACH
KSC Ministries Job Description - -
The Pastor of Outreach exists to equip and mobilize the congregation to connect seekers with Christ, to create welcoming environments for seekers, and to facilitate our global mission effort.
• Promote the work of evangelism by:
-Inspiring, training and engaging the congregation to reach lost people.
-Initiating and overseeing events with the purpose of reaching lost people.
-Identifying and engaging people gifted in evangelism.
-Supporting the work of KSC missionaries and agencies in conjunction with the Mission Commission
-Support the work of the Deacons in their ministry to the needy
• Develop and carry out a continual plan to assimilate people into the life of the church, from point of contact through baptized church partner. This includes:
-Recruiting, training, and overseeing personnel for guest services/welcome ministries (Greeters, Connecters,
Ushers, Guest Central staff, Parking attendants).
-Planning, promoting, and conducting regular classes for baptism and church partnership.
-Organizing and supervising events to connect new people with existing programs
• Preach at all worship services no less than 8 times annually.
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Evangelism and Mission Commissions.
• Supervise paid Outreach staff
• Thorough knowledge of the Scriptures
• Passion for lost people
• Gifted preacher/teacher/communicator
• Gifted in leadership/team building
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ
• Master’s degree from an accredited seminary
• 5 years of full-time pastoral experience
This position will report to the Senior Pastor. Individual will be an ex-officio member of the Evangelism and Mission Commissions, supported by the Elders appointed to those areas.