This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Music Director
Long Beach, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/10/2009
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
1. Professing, growing, committed Christian of exemplary personal and family life. I Timothy 3:8-10, 12, 13.
2. Evangelical orientation in theology and evangelical spirit in full agreement with the doctrinal position of Cornerstone Church.
3. Belief in an environment of cooperative teamwork with other members of the music ministry team and other church ministry teams.
4. Appropriate musical training and church ministry team experience.
5. Ability to relate well and personally to the church musicians.
6. Creatively musical and artistic.
7. Proficiency in keyboard and voice with the ability to lead church worship service when called upon.
8. Understanding and appreciation of how music fits into the experience of worship.
9. Conversant with a wide spectrum of musical styles from traditional to contemporary and able to blend them in a thematic style.
10. Hands-on experience in working with the various elements of technical crew, sound reinforcement and stage lighting.
11. Music degree with strength in scoring and arranging.
Provide musical and technical support of both new and established music ministries of the church by:
1. Must be proficient in creating music arrangements and band charts using MAC or PC based notation software.
2. Creating and maintaining an ongoing CD library of rehearsal recordings that accompany all written arrangements.
3. Conducting weekly vocal rehearsals for worship ensemble singers
4. Assisting with musical arrangements and rehearsals for Praise Choir and direct SATB choir.
5. Working with audio-visual tech crew to continually improve the technical training and product aspects of audio, lighting and visual presentations that support our weekly worship services and special events.
6. Working with the Director of children’s Ministry to provide music resources and rehearsal support kid’s music programs.
7. Providing piano/keyboard accompaniment in the worship band for church worship services and special events.
8. Assisting in the planning, development, and implementation of a Cornerstone Community Worship Arts Program, with an emphasis on instrumental instruction and worship band development.
1. Assist in the coordination and administrating of musician and vocal auditions, musician contracting and the weekly production of musical charts, arrangements and rehearsals.
2. Prepare for and conduct ensemble singer or choir rehearsals.
3. Assist in the production of special projects and events i.e. Christmas, Easter, to include musical and/or technical preparation and assistance.
4. Act as technical team liaison with the Assistant Pastor.
5. Act as church keyboard accompanist for worship and church events.
6. Lead contemporary worship services on occasion, as needed.
1. Responsible to the Assistant Pastor / Worship Director
2. Musical coach to vocalists and instrumentalists.
3. Accountable to Lead Pastor
4. Hours: 40 per week
5. Six month review / evaluation
COMPENSATION: Full time salary plus benefits.