HAVE YOU HEARD THE CALLING? SERIOUSLY, DO YOU BELIEVE THAT GOD IS CALLING YOU TO SERVE A CHURCH IN THE AREA OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION?
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Christian Education to develop programs for all ages; for seekers and believers alike! Are prevenient , justifying and sanctifying grace part of your spiritual vocabulary? Do you possess the enthusiasm and fortitude
of a John Wesley type? OR Susanna Wesley? Is the Holy Spirit urging you toward ministering to a reconciling and fully inclusive congregation of people living in God's YES and moving on toward Christian perfection?
If this sounds like an answer to your prayers, keep on reading becasue we'd like an opportunity to talk to you --even if you did have to Google some of the above terminology!
Below is a job description. If you are interested please don't hesitate to tell us YOUR STORY!
- I. CHURCH SCHOOL
- A. Executive and Administrative
- Develop a unified educational program of Christian study, nurture, and fellowship for all age groups.
- Promote church school attendance and growth.
- Lead the Christian Education Team and other groups in impacting our educational ministry.
- Ensure compliance with the Ministry Safe program according to policy, updating the Staff Parish Relations Committee changes are needed.
- Develop Christian educational budget annually in concert with the Finance Committee.
- Select and order curriculum, materials and other resources.
- Maintain working knowledge of materials available.
- Develop group classes for children, youth, young adults and adults and maintain records.
- Outline steps to be taken in case of emergency, keep records of known food allergies, restrictions and etc.
- Oversee nursery and child care ministry.
- Be available as a resource person and consultant.
- Work closely with new teachers, assistants and group facilitators.
- Hold regular planning meetings with teachers, assistants and group facilitators.
- Teach church school class on a regular basis.
- Be available for teaching of specific topics and short-term classes.
- Promote and coordinate various weekday and/or night studies exploring topics of study with the Lead Pastor.
- Recruit and train teachers and group facilitators and volunteers.
- Promote continuing education for church school volunteers.
D. Leadership Training
II. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL OR COMPARABLE CONCEPT
- Direct VBS, recruit planning committee and group leaders.
- Schedule, organize, and be visibly present for this annual event.
- Serve as the resource person for volunteers.
III. YOUTH AND CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
- A. United Methodist Youth Fellowship
- Lead Junior and Senior High UMYF.
- Promote and inspire youth participation in UMYF.
- Promote and maintain cooperation between youth ministry and the total ministry of the church.
- Oversee regular UMYF meetings.
- Develop program for youth involvement in Sunday morning worship services as needed; ie liturgists, greeters, ushers, musicians, etc.
- Develop, organize, raise funds for and supervise opportunities for Missions.
- Develop youth programs of service.
- Organize and teach Confirmation classes using appropriate UMC curriculum.
- Plan and participate in special trips and activities.
- Embed elements of worship in all experiences.
- Direct special presentations or study groups.
- Work with Choir Director / Organist in coordinating programs for children and youth.
- Oversee Parents’ Day/Night Out program.
- Assist in planning of special and seasonal church programs.
- Coordinate the winter and summer camping programs with the annual conference, the children and their parents.
B. Promote Leadership by Youth
D. Special Activities
IV. CHURCH LIBRARY
- Work with the church librarian to choose age appropriate reading materials. Our library isn't just a religious library. We carry bestsellers for all ages.
- Promote and general utilization of church library.
V. DENOMINATIONAL AND COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
- Participate in Sunday worship services regularly.
- Provide leadership for community projects and services.
- Provide leadership and/or participation in educational activities of the district and annual conference.
- Build relationships with staff and the congregation.
- Be available for visitation as requested by the Lead Pastor.
- Cooperate with Scouting program and Desert Music Academy (DMA).
VI. PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- Develop an ongoing program for personal and professional growth.
- Work to maintain collegial relationships with other Christian Educators.