Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/hope-church-childrens-pastor
The calling on our lives is not to ministry, it is to intimacy. Ministry is the result of that intimacy with God.
Hope Church has an insatiable dependency and an unyeilding reliance on God.
In the year 2000, God placed a vision in the hearts of several leaders to plant a new church in Las Vegas, the fastest growing city in North America at the time. Upon several gatherings in small groups throughout the year, the first official service took
place on September 2001. Today, Hope Church is as a flagship of the Southern Baptist Church in the western United States, where Senior Pastor Vance Pitman is a well known spokesperson for the denomination. They are a highly multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, and
global-oriented church that celebrates diversity within their missional context to Abide, Connect, and Share to expand His Kingdom on earth.
Hope Church seeks a Children's Pastor to lead its growing birth-5th grade ministry. The ideal candidate for this position will possess proven experience leading a Nursery-Elementary ministry in a church of 1000+ members, with the ability to grow Hope's Children's
Ministry by 10% within the first year. They will have a high rate of success in meeting ministry expectations set by the senior leadership, with proven productivity across the board. They will be in alignment with the doctrinal statement and beliefs of the
Southern Baptist Convention. A college degree in a related field such as Early Childhood Development, Christian Education or Children’s Ministry is required for this position. Although a graduate degree is preferred, it may substitute for life experience related
to the ministry. They will additionally possess the necessary skills and personal characteristics (not limited to):
- A dynamic leadership capacity that takes the ministry to the ‘next level’.
- A highly organized and conscientious work ethic translating to both autonomous and relational work environments.
- A natural aptitude for forward-thinking and planning ahead.
- Experience managing and maintaining allotted ministry budgets without exceeding limits.
- An ability to develop, with a strong capability to recruit, mobilize, and retain volunteers.
- Able to effectively execute Children’s Ministry programming in both small group and large group settings.
- Possess a highly active and committed prayer life, as it is deemed one of the highest values of the staff at Hope Church.
- Collaborate and seamlessly 'fit' within the staff team in a spiritual and ministry capacity.
- Faithfully and authentically commit to the vision, mission, and beliefs of Hope Church.
- Receptivity to feedback from the senior staff leadership and elders of the church.
- An upstanding character marked by integrity and stewardship.
- An friendly and approachable nature with a high sense of energy and relatability.
Las Vegas is the largest city in the state of Nevada, and one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Located merely within a 4-hour drive distance from Los Angeles, California, Las Vegas is the second most visited city in the United States
(next to New York City), and one of the most unchurched cities in the country, (with merely 8% of church-goers), which makes it a breeding ground for evangelistic efforts. It is a resort town famed for its limitless energy, buzzing 24-hour entertainment, and
endless dining options. Its focal point is the ‘Strip,’ just over 4-miles long and lined with elaborate themed hotels, complete with luxurious resorts set behind iconic historic buildings.
The city is located in Clark County, which has a population of over 2 million people. It is a multicultural city, which makes the church an exact replica of the community, representing 35% of Caucasians, and 20% of African Americans. One of the fastest
growing segments in the area is the elementary schools, making it a family friendly environment and a great place to raise children—particularly in the Henderson community, known to be one of the ‘Top Ten Safest Places to Live’ in the country, which is located
next to Hope Church. The city has a favorable business climate, with city and state income tax being extraneous to its residents, largely due to the fact that the city’s revenue is accumulated through tourists. Tourism and the convention industry are the city’s
major sources of income. In addition, manufacturing, government, and warehousing are major sources of employment. It is home to the University of Nevada Las Vegas, a premier urban research institution. Today, it is considered an indispensable resource in the
highly enterprising city of Las Vegas. Such aspects make the city of Las Vegas appealing to its prospective residents.