About our church – we are a large, multi-site church located in Northwest Austin. Our vision is that every man, woman and child in Greater Austin would have multiple opportunities to see, hear and respond to the good news of the gospel.
We have a passion for life change and story telling that communicates and celebrates the work of God in the lives of people.
How a Writer and Content Strategist works in our environment.
Do you love to write and create content that engages people? Do you have a passion to do something that matters for the kingdom of God and makes a difference in people’s lives? This may be the right position for you!
Creating compelling headlines and copy content is a gift. We need expertise in developing effective content across all communication channels (print, web, live announcements, videos and more) as well as strategic planning and prioritization in a complex
environment that aims to engage young and old – church and unchurched.
You will work closely with our communication team as well as church-wide ministry leaders. You will also develop volunteer writers and leaders.
- Ensure the vision and purpose of HCBC Austin and stories of life-change are clearly communicated to our congregation and community
- Set goals, schedules, metrics and target audience profiles for all major channels of communication
- Write content for announcements, advertisement, e-news, social media, videos and more
- Lead the daily devotional content (currently Join the Journey) working with volunteer editors and contributors
- Provide writing and communication deliverables for special projects and church-wide campaigns; work with ministries to develop content that thrills and changes the people we serve and reach
- Work with people to accomplish something great; create and update ministry writing style guide and collaborate and train ministry and lay leader support writers for their ministry areas
- Prioritize the communication and content strategy to ensure that core ministries, life-change stories, message series, and church-wide initiatives/events receive the highest level of service and prioritization
- Become an expert in our vision, values and brand – commit to continued learning in order to create compelling and vision-focused content that engages people where they are and helps them take next steps
- 3+ years professional experience in a related field with proven track record of meeting deadlines and delivering highly effective writing and content strategy results
- Active participant in their local church with the expectation and agreement if hired, to become an active member at Hill Country Bible Church Austin
- Ability to build strong relationships across all levels of the organization
- Bachelor degree or above and beyond work experience
- Excellent written communication (writing samples required) from headlines to in-depth writing and story telling
- Self motivated, organized and a strategic thinker – ability to execute an idea from start to finish
For more information and the complete job description (Position Profile) visit the employment page of our website at http://www.hcbc.com/about-us/employment/
To be considered for this position, email your resume, contact information and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org