Birth to 5th Grade (full time position, salaried)
Coordinate ministry to children through age appropriate methods which establish, guide, and nurture a solid ongoing Biblical foundation. This foundation should equip not only the children, but also their families, in developing the appropriate Christian
world-view, lifestyle and personal relationship with Christ. The Children’s Minister (CM) is a full time ministerial position. The CM is immediately responsible for children birth through fifth grade and establishing a corporate and personal discipleship program
for these age groups. The Children’s Ministry Department reports to the Senior Minister.
• Lead all involved in the children’s ministry toward an effective team effort through planning, communication, and promotion.
•Take the lead in creating vision goals and objectives for an effective spirit-led children’s ministry in accordance with SFCC policy.
• Coordinate the structure, content, staffing and scheduling for all children’s programs in cooperation with the Children’s Ministry Team.
• Establish a discipleship program that involves Sunday school, small groups, youth worship services, conferences, and personal discipleship.
• Monitor and stay within the approved budget guidelines for children’s ministry.
• Two days per week (approved by Senior Minister) can be taken as days off.
• Regular weekly office hours should be established and followed.
• Paid Time Off
• An annual paid vacation will be available after six months employment. Vacation is accrued throughout the year starting at hire date.
• In the event of personal illness or family illness requiring missed work, three sick days are paid annually.
• Up to the equivalent of one week’s work may be used for off-site conference/training as approved by the Senior Minister.
• Up to the equivalent of one week’s work may be used for off-site mission work as approved by the Senior Minister.
• Salaried Position
Prefer demonstrated practical experience preceded by or accompanied with pursuit in study, preparation and training in the area of children’s ministry.
• Ministerial positions work as a team to create, coordinate and apply themed study throughout the?church.
• Administrative skills are required as well as good organizational and communication skills.
• Awareness and application of safety standards.
• Attend at least one workshop/training seminar annually following established CCC guidelines.
• Creative and adaptable in people skills and facility usage.
• Experience in supervising children birth thru fifth grade.
• Ability to train and equip children’s ministry volunteers with demonstrated leadership experience.
• Recruit or maintain volunteers that support the needs of children’s ministries.
• Give guidance, direction, and training to all children’s ministry volunteers and discipleship for ministry.
• Support and administer acts of appreciation to encourage the on-going work of volunteers.
• Keep ministry current and on the cutting edge, utilizing appropriate advancements of technique? whenever possible.
• Agree with doctrinal statements of Scottsburg First Christian Church.
• Evaluate the objectives and effectiveness of children’s ministries and implement improvements and? changes where necessary.
• Help coordinate and create quarterly events for the children’s ministry.?
• Contact volunteers on a weekly basis to remind them of their upcoming service and deliver lessons.
• Communicate and regularly call on families.
• Submit monthly written report to Senior Minister.
• Attend and participate in a weekly staff meeting.
• Publicize events and educate the congregation on opportunities available for birth through fifth grade.
• Dynamic teaching for grades 1st through 5th on a regular basis.
• Maintain and coordinate the ministry rooms to insure cleanliness, safety, attractiveness for usefulness.
• Order and prepare curriculum for each are of ministry.
• Ensure that the Children’s Ministry focus is consistent with SFCC mission statement.
• Develop and maintain appropriate reporting on ministry and group activities.
• Check availability of facilities and programming dates and incorporate all facility needs and event dates.
• Develop and monitor a thorough yearly budget for ministry area(s).
• Coordinate vision casting and promote spiritual growth in all areas of Children’s Ministry.
• Administer background checks for volunteers and leaders within the children’s ministry.
• Candidate is expected to have completed an undergraduate degree in a field related to Children’s or Family Ministry.
• Maintain a Biblical-based curriculum while adapting and applying all-church themes.
• Support and equip parents to be the primary faith leaders within their homes through resources and?classes as needed.
• Plan and implement outreach programs to parents and children.
• Implement and maintain annual volunteer training.
• Regularly attend conferences and conventions for personal and ministry enrichment.
• Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord.
• Daily walk in the Spirit to avoid fulfilling “lusts of the flesh.”
• Maintain a high level of excellence and work diligently. A committed Christian living in accordance with the word of God, using I Timothy 4:11-16 as a passage of reference.
• Have knowledge of and be able to operate Microsoft Windows platform computer and peripherals and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).