Birth to 5th Grade (full time position, salaried)
Coordinate ministry to children through age appropriate methods which establish, guide, and nurture a solid ongoing Biblical foundation. This foundation should equip not only the children, but also their families, in developing the appropriate Christian world-view, lifestyle and personal relationship with Christ. The Children’s Minister (CM) is a full time ministerial position. The CM is immediately responsible for children birth through fifth grade and establishing a corporate and personal discipleship program for these age groups. The Children’s Ministry Department reports to the Senior Minister.
• Lead all involved in the children’s ministry toward an effective team effort through planning, communication, and promotion.
•Take the lead in creating vision goals and objectives for an effective spirit-led children’s ministry in accordance with SFCC policy.
• Coordinate the structure, content, staffing and scheduling for all children’s programs in cooperation with the Children’s Ministry Team.
• Establish a discipleship program that involves Sunday school, small groups, youth worship services, conferences, and personal discipleship.
• Monitor and stay within the approved budget guidelines for children’s ministry.
• Two days per week (approved by Senior Minister) can be taken as days off.
• Regular weekly office hours should be established and followed.
• Paid Time Off
• An annual paid vacation will be available after six months employment. Vacation is accrued throughout the year starting at hire date.
• In the event of personal illness or family illness requiring missed work, three sick days are paid annually.
• Up to the equivalent of one week’s work may be used for off-site conference/training as approved by the Senior Minister.
• Up to the equivalent of one week’s work may be used for off-site mission work as approved by the Senior Minister.
• Salaried Position
Prefer demonstrated practical experience preceded by or accompanied with pursuit in study, preparation and training in the area of children’s ministry.
• Ministerial positions work as a team to create, coordinate and apply themed study throughout the?church.
• Administrative skills are required as well as good organizational and communication skills.
• Awareness and application of safety standards.
• Attend at least one workshop/training seminar annually following established CCC guidelines.
• Creative and adaptable in people skills and facility usage.
• Experience in supervising children birth thru fifth grade.
• Ability to train and equip children’s ministry volunteers with demonstrated leadership experience.
• Recruit or maintain volunteers that support the needs of children’s ministries.
• Give guidance, direction, and training to all children’s ministry volunteers and discipleship for ministry.
• Support and administer acts of appreciation to encourage the on-going work of volunteers.
• Keep ministry current and on the cutting edge, utilizing appropriate advancements of technique? whenever possible.
• Agree with doctrinal statements of Scottsburg First Christian Church.
• Evaluate the objectives and effectiveness of children’s ministries and implement improvements and? changes where necessary.
• Help coordinate and create quarterly events for the children’s ministry.?
• Contact volunteers on a weekly basis to remind them of their upcoming service and deliver lessons.
• Communicate and regularly call on families.
• Submit monthly written report to Senior Minister.
• Attend and participate in a weekly staff meeting.
• Publicize events and educate the congregation on opportunities available for birth through fifth grade.
• Dynamic teaching for grades 1st through 5th on a regular basis.
• Maintain and coordinate the ministry rooms to insure cleanliness, safety, attractiveness for usefulness.
• Order and prepare curriculum for each are of ministry.
• Ensure that the Children’s Ministry focus is consistent with SFCC mission statement.
• Develop and maintain appropriate reporting on ministry and group activities.
• Check availability of facilities and programming dates and incorporate all facility needs and event dates.
• Develop and monitor a thorough yearly budget for ministry area(s).
• Coordinate vision casting and promote spiritual growth in all areas of Children’s Ministry.
• Administer background checks for volunteers and leaders within the children’s ministry.
• Candidate is expected to have completed an undergraduate degree in a field related to Children’s or Family Ministry.
• Maintain a Biblical-based curriculum while adapting and applying all-church themes.
• Support and equip parents to be the primary faith leaders within their homes through resources and?classes as needed.
• Plan and implement outreach programs to parents and children.
• Implement and maintain annual volunteer training.
• Regularly attend conferences and conventions for personal and ministry enrichment.
• Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord.
• Daily walk in the Spirit to avoid fulfilling “lusts of the flesh.”
• Maintain a high level of excellence and work diligently. A committed Christian living in accordance with the word of God, using I Timothy 4:11-16 as a passage of reference.
• Have knowledge of and be able to operate Microsoft Windows platform computer and peripherals and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministries Pastor/DirectorCrossroads Community Church
- Henderson, Nevada
- September 29
Children's Director/PastorPrivate Profile
- Cornelius, North Carolina
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27