Pastor of Family Ministries
Job Title: Pastor of Family Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Agreement with our church’s vision, goals and statement of faith
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university preferable (equivalent experience acceptable) (some Bible college or Seminary desired)
- At least three years youth ministry/children’s ministry experience in a growing youth ministry
- Experience recruiting & managing volunteers
- Musical/worship leading ability
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self starter—highly motivated
- Highly Organized
- Has a passion for young people.
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Create, implement, oversee an excellent program for children and youth.
- Set the vision for the youth/children’s ministry with a plan (strategy) to carry it out.
- Create a Biblical purpose statement for both the youth and children’s ministry including at least these three elements: evangelism, spiritual growth (which includes fellowship, worship and Biblical teaching), and student leadership (YM)
- Emphasize fun, engaging programming and sound biblical teaching in all programs
- Set and oversee the youth/children’s ministry budget.
- Network with other youth workers in the community.
- Recruit, train and organize new and existing volunteer leaders to serve in family ministries.
- Lead and organize VBS annually.
- Plan and lead winter, and summer camps as well as an annual missions trip for Jr. High/High school students, working with the missions committee.
- Assist with Sunday services as needed.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings unless otherwise excused.