Position Description: Connections Director
Real Life Christian Church
The role of the Connections Director (CD) is to oversee the connection, outreach and spiritual growth strategy of Real Life Christian Church (RLCC). This will require a full grasp of beliefs, values and strategy of RLCC and the ability to align with its
mission, vision and values. The CD will lead guests to a genuine sense of belonging, involvement and spiritual growth at RLCC by meeting people where they are and leading them to next steps.
- This person must demonstrate leadership skills in order to lead high level volunteers and members. This position requires a deep conviction to see people grow closer to Christ.
- The CD will facilitate relational connection and spiritual growth of adults (post-high school students) through managing weekend guest services, Life Groups, certain volunteer teams, assimilation of new members as well as outreach connection events.
This individual must demonstrate a shepherd’s heart for people and model biblical priorities by being committed to:
- spending daily time in God’s Word
- lead/being a part of a Life Group
- develop personal evangelism and service opportunities within and outside the church ensuring our church is effectively engaging our community as part of a larger strategy
- Faithfully supporting the ministry of RLCC by committing to give at least 10% tithe
Oversight and Execution of Connect Team
Responsible for creating an environment that welcomes new guests and provides next steps toward connection and spiritual growth:
- Leading, equipping and empowering Connect Team volunteers (ushers, greeters, traffic guru’s, etc)
- Removing roadblocks from a newcomer’s experience in all RLCC services
- Ensure that our Connect Team operates under high customer service standards
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that guests are plugged in to RLCC
- Assist with planning an execution of guest reception events (Welcome to Real Life Luncheons, etc)
Oversight and Execution of Life Group Ministry
Construct several on-ramps and systems to help people move from guests to belonging and growing at RLCC
- Developing a systematic and effective effort to connect people in life groups (sign-ups, ensure life change stories are being shared with congregation, website promotion and materials, etc).
- Oversee information and tracking of life group participation (members and leaders)
- Run “Equip” trainings for potential Life Group leaders
- Identify and encourage potential leaders to step into leadership
- Have direct oversight of RLCC Men’s and Women’s Ministries
- Work with leadership team to develop available content for life group studies and assist in developing weekly “Deeper” sermon-based study guides
- Incorporate leadership development within the Life Group leaders and volunteers in each respective ministry
Weekend Worship Responsibilities
CD is responsible for everything that takes place on Sunday morning not involving service programming (i.e. everything off stage).
- Table set up in lobby as needed
- Coordinating prayer-in-service volunteers
- All logistics for events such as Life Group big push Sunday’s, Baptism Sunday logistics, etc
- Connecting with and setting up church partners for lobby ministry
- Oversee Prayer Team, collection of requests and distribution of prayer requests
The CD will establish relationships with area ministries/organizations to involve the people of RLCC in service opportunities benefiting our people and our community
- Lead and Manage relationships, with the assistance of the executive leadership staff, local and global partners.
- Ensure proper execution of mission trips and planning meetings prior to mission trips. Seek to engage as many eligible individuals on short-term missions as possible.
- Serve as our main point of contact for missionary’s requesting funds
- Manage our fund distribution to ministry, missionaries, and outreach opportunities (overall missions/outreach budget)
- Work to engage life group leaders and members in outreach/service opportunities
- Developing creative solutions to serve in our community
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in seminary is preferred
- Ability to preach on a Sunday morning is not required but preferred.
- Teachable and team-oriented spirit
- Must possess a shepherds heart
- Gift of persuasion and motivation to raise up, train and encourage new leaders
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Passionate about Jesus. Shares what God is revealing to him.
- Likable and highly relational
- 2-3 years previous ministry experience